Halloween Forum banner

821 - 840 of 921 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #821
The pet cemetery arrived with 2 tombstones, the sign, both fence posts, the boney head and arm broken off.
I am going to have to do major ceramic surgery to make it look good.😭

I am still waiting on my hair rasin to get her. I ordered it on sept.2nd.

I can't remember if it was on mercari or poshmark but a woman is trying to sell the 4 arm boney holding the pumpkins for $1,000.😏😯
Sorry to hear that your Pet Cemetery arrived in more than one piece. That would make me crazy. I hope you can contact the seller and get some resolution. Take pictures before you perform "Boney Surgery".

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #822
I’m sorry your pet cemetery arrived broken. That is so disappointing! I hope you can repair it. I ordered Hoot Gravely last week and am hoping it arrives without any damage. It is always such a risk. Was your pet cemetery package well? It sounds like it had a rough ride to your house. Where did you order from? Will the seller refund your money?
I am looking for Hoot Gravely to add to my collection too. Did you get yours from Ebay? Hoping yours arrives in one piece. Let us know when you receive it. 🦉💀🦉

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am looking for Hoot Gravely to add to my collection too. Did you get yours from Ebay? Hoping yours arrives in one piece. Let us know when you receive it. 🦉💀🦉
Yes, eBay. It was a “buy it now” for $42. 00 with free shipping. I didn’t think that was a bad price. There is one on there now but it is an auction. I think it ends in a day or so.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’m in awe of the collections all of you on here have. Hoot Gravely will be only my second older piece. The other one I have is the headless horseman. This year I hought All Smiles; it’s a start. The medical theme wasn’t a hit for me with the coronavirus and all. But that’s just me. I will probably look back on it a few years from bow and wish I had purchased more of the collection.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
@js1620 love your All Smiles, your display too. You really did get a good one! Perhaps this makes up a bit for all the delivery delay!

@Boneybunch15 sorry to hear about Pet Cemetary's fate. And you got it at such a great price too, right? I know you'd prefer recieving an intact piece. Refund definately in order. And who knows, you're such a good finder, you may find another one some day. Good luck with the repairs.

I finally opened up my packages. Very happy with all. Here they are - (will take a picture of the Ghoulie Ghost collection after they all arrive here)...

Notice the hand coming through the crack in the door...LOVE that detail!

Am still playing with arrangement. So glad I ordered the Skeleton. The Mummy is on it's way...

Really happy with the two doctors - (though not sure burning a tea light in Dr. Screamy is advisable)...

I can hardly wait until the rest of my BB arrives so I can begin building my display...

This represents how I feel about COVID-19... I really like the back side of Boney Hospital too, AND THE BATS!

Oh my goodness, Boney Buzz is awesome, and it's so nice to have Bonesy with a skull...

On A Roll is a bit bigger than I'd like but is okay. Glad I got him/her.

The wait for my next shipment...and a coupon for my final order begins. I'm off to Target to see if they've gotten what I want on the floor yet. :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Yes, eBay. It was a “buy it now” for $42. 00 with free shipping. I didn’t think that was a bad price. There is one on there now but it is an auction. I think it ends in a day or so.

That's such a great piece! And the price wasn't bad either. It and your headless horseman (Ghost Rider) are two of my favorites. As I recall, the latter one sold out earlier than expected the year of its release. I bought two and sold my extra to someone here.

·
Registered
567 Posts
@js1620 love your All Smiles, your display too. You really did get a good one! Perhaps this makes up a bit for all the delivery delay!

@Boneybunch15 sorry to hear about Pet Cemetary's fate. And you got it at such a great price too, right? I know you'd prefer recieving an intact piece. Refund definately in order. And who knows, you're such a good finder, you may find another one some day. Good luck with the repairs.

I finally opened up my packages. Very happy with all. Here they are - (will take a picture of the Ghoulie Ghost collection after they all arrive here)...

View attachment 737049

Am still playing with placement. So glad I ordered the Skeleton. The Mummy is on it's way...

View attachment 737052

Really happy with the two doctors - (though not sure burning a tea light in Dr. Screamy is advisable)...

View attachment 737053

I can hardly wait until the rest of my BB arrives so I can begin building my display...

View attachment 737054

This represents how I feel about COVID-19... I really like the back side of Boney Hospital too, AND THE BATS!

View attachment 737058

Oh my goodness, Boney Buzz is awesome, and it's so nice to have Bonesy with a skull...

View attachment 737059

View attachment 737060

The wait for my next shipment...and a coupon for my final order begins. I'm off to Target to see if they've gotten what I want on the floor yet. :)
Love your haul Grandma Lise, looks like you got some nice paint jobs. I never noticed the hand on the door of the hospital, details like that make it more interesting. Maybe I should take a second look at that piece.

·
Registered
55 Posts

View attachment 737049

Am still playing with placement. So glad I ordered the Skeleton. The Mummy is on it's way...

View attachment 737052

View attachment 737053

View attachment 737054

View attachment 737058

View attachment 737059

View attachment 737060

Wow grandma lise! Yours look fantastic! Like DarkSecret pointed out I too have never seen the hand on the hospital door. That is an amazing little touch.

I hope you have good luck on your Target visit! I remember last year I was going every weekend just to see if they had Halloween out yet. Luckily I bought so much last year that I can stay at home quarantining instead in 2020!

·
Registered
397 Posts
@grandma lise Arrrgggh, me matey, you be puttin' the rest of ye Halloween Friends crew to shame with yer booty (and no, not the one ye be shakin', LOL!) Ye did a fine job of plunderin' the Red Eye and also in yer BB treasure trove!! :)
@Boneybunch15 SO SO sorry about your Pet Cemetery arriving broken- you definitely should take photos before you take medical intervention, as ScareyCarrie suggested, and contact the seller for a full refund.
@ScareyCarrie So glad you got your Forum Family Tree and that my knotty twisted branch didn't disappoint, ha!

And off BB topic, but I received my Fitz and Floyd Ghost Boo Bowl eBay auction win yesterday, and that seller did an amazing job of bubble wrapping and cushioning every part of it, and then the entire thing was packed in a box that had an enormous amount of crumpled paper. I was SO relieved and SOOOO happy with it- it's adorable and will compliment my BB pieces, although it's pretty dang big, but that's okay- it just means more candy, yay!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I received two of my four packages and I am already so happy with the size of everything! I was for sure expecting Hair Raising Fun to be similar in size to the electric chair, but it is not. I haven't dug it out yet, but I remember that thing being HUGE. I love seeing everyone's orders!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I received two of my four packages and I am already so happy with the size of everything! I was for sure expecting Hair Raising Fun to be similar in size to the electric chair, but it is not. I haven't dug it out yet, but I remember that thing being HUGE. I love seeing everyone's orders!
Yay Nstope! Good to know about Hair Raising Fun. The rest of my Boneys arrive this week. Can hardly wait!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
@grandma lise Arrrgggh, me matey, you be puttin' the rest of ye Halloween Friends crew to shame with yer booty (and no, not the one ye be shakin', LOL!) Ye did a fine job of plunderin' the Red Eye and also in yer BB treasure trove!! :)
@Boneybunch15 SO SO sorry about your Pet Cemetery arriving broken- you definitely should take photos before you take medical intervention, as ScareyCarrie suggested, and contact the seller for a full refund.
@ScareyCarrie So glad you got your Forum Family Tree and that my knotty twisted branch didn't disappoint, ha!

And off BB topic, but I received my Fitz and Floyd Ghost Boo Bowl eBay auction win yesterday, and that seller did an amazing job of bubble wrapping and cushioning every part of it, and then the entire thing was packed in a box that had an enormous amount of crumpled paper. I was SO relieved and SOOOO happy with it- it's adorable and will compliment my BB pieces, although it's pretty dang big, but that's okay- it just means more candy, yay!
[Laughing]... Picture please!

Halloween is now out at the thrift stores. Picked up an addition to my ghost themed collection a few days ago, the Hallmark Haunted Candle. But it's not lighting up due to battery corrosion. Hoping I can get it working again...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #834
I’m in awe of the collections all of you on here have. Hoot Gravely will be only my second older piece. The other one I have is the headless horseman. This year I hought All Smiles; it’s a start. The medical theme wasn’t a hit for me with the coronavirus and all. But that’s just me. I will probably look back on it a few years from bow and wish I had purchased more of the collection.
Thank you for telling me about the other Hoot Gravely on Ebay. I will definitely check it out. I have been wanting to add him to my Boney Family for some time now. The Headless Horseman is another. So happy you started with a couple of great older pieces, and my favorite of this years theme, All Smiles.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #835

Cannot wait to see how you incorporate your Ghost Boo Bowl with the Boney Bunch. Please send pictures when you have it set up. Happy that it arrived safely and in one piece. Love when sellers take the necessary care when shipping fragile items.
P.S. There is not such thing as a candy bowl too big. 🍭🍬

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #836
grandma lise - I love all of your pieces, especially how you took pictures in a dimmer light. Looks like they all have good paint jobs. Like others have mentioned, I never noticed the hand coming out of the door.....great touch Yankee. I should probably order the larger ghost tealight holder sooner rather than later. I don't want it to sell out. I do like my Ghoulie Ghose votive/tealight holder. I think the large jar holder would look "Spooktacular" with a candle in it. Great choices grandma lise. 👻👻👻

·
Registered
403 Posts
Well, I managed to get all the pieces of the pet cemetery glued back together and painted over, but I dread when I have to pack it up.
I have no clue how so many pieces got broken, especially the tombstones. It seemed to be be well packaged, but I guess not.
I did ask the seller for $10 refund to cover the glue and paint. She said she would, but she hasn't done it yet.
Compared to what other sellers are charging I got it for a good price, but $70 with shipping is still a lot.
Until I broke down last night and bought Aunt Hilda with the Umbrella, that was the most I had ever paid for any one piece.
I have been very fortunate to find many pieces for under $30.

821 - 840 of 921 Posts