Halloween Forum banner

581 - 600 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've been catching up on the posts here and agree with all of you regarding the size of TDDUP- I really wanted to love it, but it is just TOO big and out of proportion to everything else in my Boney Bunch world. I wound up giving it to my longtime friend and hairdresser without even realizing the next day was her Anniversary, so that worked out perfectly! I also gave her a box of Haunted Hayride votives I forgot to return to YC to go with it- I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me once she gets a whiff of it- I might have a bad hair day the next time I visit her, LOL.

Scarey Carrie, I did receive my two Goose Creek candles within one week of ordering them. I've only burned the Candy Corn large jar, and it did smell delicious!! I don't know what happened, though, even with trimming the wicks before burning, it developed a really off-putting burnt smell about mid jar and the wax, when cold, turned more like a gel rather than hard wax. I'm still glad I tried it, but wish I knew what I did wrong to have that happen? Perhaps I allowed it to burn too long, I don't know? It also wouldn't fit into my Witch's Boot, but did work fine in my Bone White jar holder.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I hope you'll share your imaginative displays with us when the Boney Bunch Circus rolls into town at your home- you always come up with the most creative ways of showing them off, and this year should be even more spooktacular!

And as you said, one can hope YC will listen to consumer complaints regarding their candles, but at this point I'm not holding my breath, I'm giving Goose Creek a try 🎃

RavenLily, I posted slideshow links to my Boney Circus display and a few smaller display here... https://www.halloweenforum.com/threads/collecting-to-create-halloween-tabletop-displays-not-just-the-2019-boney-bunch.201455/page-37 It took me forever because I kept finding more fun things to add. [giggle]

Happy Halloween!

·
Registered
287 Posts
View attachment 724234

RavenLily, I posted slideshow links to my Boney Circus display and a few smaller display here... https://www.halloweenforum.com/threads/collecting-to-create-halloween-tabletop-displays-not-just-the-2019-boney-bunch.201455/page-37 It took me forever because I kept finding more fun things to add. [giggle]

Happy Halloween!
WOW!!! That display is just SOOOO beautifully arranged, Grandma Lise!! I knew it wouldn't disappoint, you have such an amazing knack for putting things together in just the right way, and I love the trees too that are in the background. I've been trying to find some that are in the right proportion to no avail, but glad I can enjoy yours vicariously!!

Thank you SO much for sharing your Boney Bunch Big Top with us, and also I hope things will soon calm down from the three ring Circus life has been dealing you. A VERY Happy Halloween to you, and all, too!!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Thanks RavenLily. :)

There used to be so many fun displays posted here. Where are members from this old thread posting their Halloween displays now? I miss seeing them. ScareyCarrie, Little black cat, and a few others have posted some really fun tabletop displays and thrift store finds on the other Boney Bunch thread. Did you decorate this year? Would love to see pictures. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've been catching up on the posts here and agree with all of you regarding the size of TDDUP- I really wanted to love it, but it is just TOO big and out of proportion to everything else in my Boney Bunch world. I wound up giving it to my longtime friend and hairdresser without even realizing the next day was her Anniversary, so that worked out perfectly! I also gave her a box of Haunted Hayride votives I forgot to return to YC to go with it- I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me once she gets a whiff of it- I might have a bad hair day the next time I visit her, LOL.

Scarey Carrie, I did receive my two Goose Creek candles within one week of ordering them. I've only burned the Candy Corn large jar, and it did smell delicious!! I don't know what happened, though, even with trimming the wicks before burning, it developed a really off-putting burnt smell about mid jar and the wax, when cold, turned more like a gel rather than hard wax. I'm still glad I tried it, but wish I knew what I did wrong to have that happen? Perhaps I allowed it to burn too long, I don't know? It also wouldn't fit into my Witch's Boot, but did work fine in my Bone White jar holder.
I am so sorry that you had that issue with the Goose Creek Candy Corn candle. I have never experienced anything like that with their candles. Perhaps you received a "Dud". Why don't you contact them and see if you can get a replacement? What other scent did you purchase from them? I sure hope that one works out for you.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts

There used to be so many fun displays posted here. Where are members from this old thread posting their Halloween displays now? I miss seeing them. ScareyCarrie, Little black cat, and a few others have posted some really fun tabletop displays and thrift store finds on the other Boney Bunch thread. Did you decorate this year? Would love to see pictures. :)
Grandma lise - I agree! I would love to see more displays!!! I didn't get to put up my usual displays this year, i had to scale it back a bit due to my new kitty Clara, she is young, full of energy and into everything!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Did you decorate this year? Would love to see pictures. :)
Grandma Lise, this year has been a real struggle for me, emotionally. I've been trying to fight through it, but I lost my sweet, sweet little Bichon Frise the day after Christmas after 13 years of unconditional love. She was my beautiful constant companion when my Hubby was traveling, working, etc. I feel like I lost a child, that probably sounds silly, but it's been so hard. Anyway, I've been trying to force myself to go through the motions, and my wonderful Hubby brought all my packed Boney's in from the garage, and I did put many of them out, but honestly my heart wasn't in it this year. My tabletop displays are really nothing special that would make anyone say "ahhh", but maybe next year I'll be more motivated. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, but seeing yours, and some of the others did brighten my day!

And Scarey Carrie, thank you for your kind suggestion, but unfortunately I discarded the candle. I haven't lit the other GC candle, which is their Warm Vanilla Cake. I do hope I'll have better luck with that one, and think you may be right that I just received an unfortunate "dud". I'm still glad you shared them with me, and thank you and all for the camaraderie we have here- I too wish some of the other past posters would return, they're missed very much! 124.JPG

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
ScareyCarrie - glad you are enjoying back collecting, i do too!!! Just received Uncle Vlad today, I've been waiting to get him for a long time!!!
Uncle Vlad looks great, and so does your display with the Halloween trees. I do love back collecting. It's so exciting when you come across a piece you really want, and then you get it. Awesome piece. 🎃

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Grandma Lise, this year has been a real struggle for me, emotionally. I've been trying to fight through it, but I lost my sweet, sweet little Bichon Frise the day after Christmas after 13 years of unconditional love. She was my beautiful constant companion when my Hubby was traveling, working, etc. I feel like I lost a child, that probably sounds silly, but it's been so hard. Anyway, I've been trying to force myself to go through the motions, and my wonderful Hubby brought all my packed Boney's in from the garage, and I did put many of them out, but honestly my heart wasn't in it this year. My tabletop displays are really nothing special that would make anyone say "ahhh", but maybe next year I'll be more motivated. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, but seeing yours, and some of the others did brighten my day!

And Scarey Carrie, thank you for your kind suggestion, but unfortunately I discarded the candle. I haven't lit the other GC candle, which is their Warm Vanilla Cake. I do hope I'll have better luck with that one, and think you may be right that I just received an unfortunate "dud". I'm still glad you shared them with me, and thank you and all for the camaraderie we have here- I too wish some of the other past posters would return, they're missed very much! View attachment 724511
I sure hope the other candle burns better for you. I really like Goose Creek and have never experienced what you did with one of their candles. Please let me know how the other one burns when you do light it up.

When I lost my miniature schnauzer, Sophie Rose, a couple of years ago, I was lost....like you. She was my best friend, confidant, and provided me with unconditional love. I still have her dog bowls that are in a holder with her name on it in the kitchen. Still have a basket of her favorite toys in a basket. Her pictures look back at me at work and home. I miss her every day. I know the sorrow you are feeling. Hopefully, in time, the pain will fade. The memory of her will always be with you. Thank you for her picture.....she is absolutely beautiful.

I received this card after she passed and I want to pass it on to you. It reads........

"A faithful companion, truly a best friend, I will always have you with me......For I have your paw prints on my heart"

·
Registered
327 Posts

And Scarey Carrie, thank you for your kind suggestion, but unfortunately I discarded the candle. I haven't lit the other GC candle, which is their Warm Vanilla Cake. I do hope I'll have better luck with that one, and think you may be right that I just received an unfortunate "dud". I'm still glad you shared them with me, and thank you and all for the camaraderie we have here- I too wish some of the other past posters would return, they're missed very much! View attachment 724511
Ravenlily - please don't ever feel weird about loving an animal too much!!! I lost my cat of almost 19 yrs last December 4th and she too was like a child to me! It still hurts like a big part of my life is missing. I just try to remember that she had a great life with me and hopefully we will be reunited someday😊 We got a new kitten after she passed and I'm glad that we could give her a home too. I hope your pain eases and you can remember the good times you had with your dog❤

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Ravenlily - please don't ever feel weird about loving an animal too much!!! I lost my cat of almost 19 yrs last December 4th and she too was like a child to me! It still hurts like a big part of my life is missing. I just try to remember that she had a great life with me and hopefully we will be reunited someday😊 We got a new kitten after she passed and I'm glad that we could give her a home too. I hope your pain eases and you can remember the good times you had with your dog❤
I agree with you Little black cat - My Sophie Rose was like a child to me too. That's why the loss of a beloved pet hurts so much. 🐾💔

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
RavenLily, I've only experienced one significant loss. It was hard. And my husband travels too, so I well understand the challenges that come with that. Thank you for sharing a picture of your sweet girl. Looking at her face, I can just imagine the joy she brought you. [Big hug]

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Little black cat, I'm curious... what's the difference between a lantern and a tea light holder? I thought Uncle Vlad was a lantern. He's one of my favorite pieces too. So glad you got him!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Scarey Carrie, Little Black Cat and Grandma Lise, I can't thank you enough for the comforting words and for also sharing your losses with me. The sentiments you gave were like a big hug, and truly helped make a brighter beginning to my day. Scarey Carrie, I also keep my baby's little crate where it always was with her favorite toys inside. It somehow makes me feel closer to her too, as does Sophie Rose's items for you. LBC, I can't imagine what it's like to lose your baby after 19 years, but I do believe, like you, that we'll be together one day! It's been up and down, but time does help and hopefully by next Halloween I'll have lots of spooktacular displays to share.

In the meantime, I do enjoy seeing all of yours and love your Uncle Vlad, Little Black Cat! I could kick myself for not knowing about the Boney's earlier, as I think the earlier pieces are among the best, and now among the most expensive to back-collect. I'm really considering downsizing either through donations or selling some of my pieces from the last 4 or 5 years that were impulse purchases. Then I can hopefully get some of the earlier pieces I missed out on, like Uncle Vlad and Aunt Hilda, I love those! And sending love to all of you too for your kindness- I hope you all enjoy a beautiful day! p.s. I will let you know about my Warm Vanilla GC candle when I finish burning my current YC candle, Scarey Carrie. :)

581 - 600 of 632 Posts