Halloween Forum banner

561 - 580 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you venture out and try Goose Creek candles, the large jars are the same size as Yankee's, therefore I believe you would still be able to use your hurricanes, etc. Because they are 2 wicked candles, I do not use the illumia-lid with them, but, when I am finished burning the candle for the day or evening, I will put the illuma-lid on it for decoration.

I feel the same as you, it is hard to support a company that is laying off Americans and changing formulas that everyone once loved. Also, they took away Candy Corn and replaced it with the 2 terrible halloween candles that they offered this year.....Haunted Hayride and Trick or Treat. If you like the scent of Candy Corn in a candle, try Goose Creek's. I just received mine a couple of days ago and it smells wonderful.
Thank you for the info ScareyCarrie!! I was hesitant to order from Goose Creek not knowing if their large jars would fit, but now with what you've shared, I just ordered their Candy Corn (it DOES sound yum!) and also their Warm Vanilla Cake. I'm really excited to try them, and feel much better supporting a company who stays true to their roots. GC's shipping is $2 more than YC, but if I don't have to wait 3 weeks from the date of order to receive them, then it's more than well worth it!! Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
And yes, this year is one of my favorite Boney Bunch collections! I hope Yankee Candle continues selling Halloween themed jar accessories. I've collected them since 2008, and I love them. I will never sell my Boney Bunch collection.

Yankee Candle listened to customer input on the Boney Bunch collection this year. Perhaps now they'll begin listening to customer complaints and input regarding the candle scents and throw. I hope so...
I hope you'll share your imaginative displays with us when the Boney Bunch Circus rolls into town at your home- you always come up with the most creative ways of showing them off, and this year should be even more spooktacular!

And as you said, one can hope YC will listen to consumer complaints regarding their candles, but at this point I'm not holding my breath, I'm giving Goose Creek a try 🎃

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thank you for the info ScareyCarrie!! I was hesitant to order from Goose Creek not knowing if their large jars would fit, but now with what you've shared, I just ordered their Candy Corn (it DOES sound yum!) and also their Warm Vanilla Cake. I'm really excited to try them, and feel much better supporting a company who stays true to their roots. GC's shipping is $2 more than YC, but if I don't have to wait 3 weeks from the date of order to receive them, then it's more than well worth it!! Thanks again! :)
So happy that you are going to give Goose Creek a try. I have always been pleased with their candles. I just remeasured both a Yankee large jar and a Goose Creek large jar and the measurements are the same. There is no reason that they shouldn't fit into your accessories.

Please let me know what you think of their candles when you get them. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
So happy that you are going to give Goose Creek a try. I have always been pleased with their candles. I just remeasured both a Yankee large jar and a Goose Creek large jar and the measurements are the same. There is no reason that they shouldn't fit into your accessories.

Please let me know what you think of their candles when you get them. :)
I'm so excited to try GC- I never heard of that company until you mentioned them. I really appreciate the measuring, etc. and even if they didn't fit my accessories (but I do think they will!) I'm still happy to try them and their sale prices are great! I will definitely let you know my thoughts when I receive them (my candles, not my thoughts LOL!) 🎃

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm so excited to try GC- I never heard of that company until you mentioned them. I really appreciate the measuring, etc. and even if they didn't fit my accessories (but I do think they will!) I'm still happy to try them and their sale prices are great! I will definitely let you know my thoughts when I receive them (my candles, not my thoughts LOL!) 🎃
You can tell me of your thoughts and your candles once both are received. :D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Just an FYI - The Yankee Illuma-lids fit on the Goose Creek jars, although you may not use them because they are 2 wick candles. Just wanted to let you know.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Goose Creek Candy Corn smells so look good, love it !!! Witches Brew is a bust for me, no throw and the flame is so high, not burning right. Live and learn.
I love Goose Creeks Candy Corn candle too. I've noticed also that Yankee's Witches Brew does not smell as strong as it used to. We were burning it the other night and usually the whole house would smell of patchouli, but, not the case this year. I really hope it was a bad batch, and that Yankee didn't mess with the formula.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just an FYI - The Yankee Illuma-lids fit on the Goose Creek jars, although you may not use them because they are 2 wick candles. Just wanted to let you know.
Yes, I wouldn't use the Illuma-lids while the GC candles are burning, but it's good to know I can put them on there decoratively when they're extinguished. Thanks again, I can't wait to receive them!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well the time has come. I’m majorly downsizing my Boneys. I moved and never unpacked them.
I’m actually looking at them all and I can’t believe the money that was spent on pieces I don’t particularly love.
I’m trying to sell some on FB and hopefully I can give a few away. Some pieces I really love are Frank and his bride (of course his hand broke off in our move) the bird plane (I actually LOVE this piece)...and that’s about it.
Bonesy is going to my friend who loves dogs, as well as the Bonesy with his dog house. I’m keeping Pet Cemetery and a few smaller pieces like the baby carriage and living dead girl.
Before anyone asks, my earliest piece is 2012.
This is almost bittersweet for me.When I started collecting I thought I would love these forever and have a place to display them. I thought I would have guests who would love to look at my collection too. None of this happened so I guess it’s time to move on
Of course I have my favorite pieces and a soft spot for them but the unloved pieces have to go. This is why I’m only buying pieces I absolutely love from now on. Last year I bought the clown and this year I bought stilts and the knife thrower (only because my son picked him out). thanks for letting me vent!

·
Registered
149 Posts
It sucks when you realize that what you thought you'd love forever just isn't going to turn out to be forever after all. I'm glad it's not a case of them all disappointing you, and I hope you easily find homes for those that just don't do it for you anymore (or possibly ever). On the plus side, given how I've seen some people here and elsewhere discuss the BB, when you do find someone who wants them, it sounds like you'll absolutely make their day. :)

And on the subject of BB- I finally opened this year's 'Til Death and you guys weren't kidding. This thing is huge. Like I have no idea where to put it kind of huge. I thought I was going to put it on the shelf in my room and have a mini Halloween display there but uh, nope. So back into its box it went and it'll continue to kind of double as a place to put my glasses before bed.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I too would love to see pieces on the same smaller scale as the boneys of earlier years. The newer pieces are so large that just one or two take up an entire display area. That kind of defeats the point of having several boneys with the same theme. Last year, the witch tart burner was smaller so I got my hopes up that Yankee was returning to smaller scale pieces. Clearly I was wrong. In this case, size definitely matters!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I only bought the "Twins" taper holder and the Til Death Do Us Part. Love the Twins. The TDDUP is huge. I mainly bought it because it is the first Boney Bunch "kissing", and it was an on-line exclusive. I still have it in the box. I may save it as a wedding shower gift for a couple that loves Halloween, or, I will hold on to it and display it one day. Unsure. :unsure:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I only bought the "Twins" taper holder and the Til Death Do Us Part. Love the Twins. The TDDUP is huge. I mainly bought it because it is the first Boney Bunch "kissing", and it was an on-line exclusive. I still have it in the box. I may save it as a wedding shower gift for a couple that loves Halloween, or, I will hold on to it and display it one day. Unsure. :unsure:
Oh, that's a great idea about the gift! I have a friend who adores Halloween and they got married in October, so maybe I'll give it to them next year if I'm still on the fence about 'Til Death. It'll give her time to forget she read this if she's still lurking. ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
The main reason I did not buy any Boney Bunch items this year is due to how large they have become. I do not understand why they continue to do this. They must see the negative feedback. The only reason that makes any sense is "if we make them larger we can charge more". The only items I bought this year were from the Halloween friends collection. I do love them but I spent very little at YC this year. They have really been changing the past couple of years and sadly not for the better. It definitely saves me money though :).

561 - 580 of 632 Posts