Halloween Forum banner

521 - 540 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
ScareyCarrie - just watched the video, wow, that is really sad what is happening to YC, i didn't know any of that. I haven't ordered anything on line lately, so I haven't had the experiences you guys have. I feel they have been going downhill for a while, especially in the quality department so I am not surprised. What a shame if the stores close!!!
Yeah, I didn't know any of that either until yesterday. This year, especially, I could tell that things were different with Yankee. The vibe in the store for the Halloween event was different. The lack of Witches Brew on-line was telling, to me anyway. My candle order was poorly packed, and that is why 2 of the 4 candles were shattered in shipping. Waiting for such a long time for on-line orders to be processed, and then shipped was horrible. Also, calling customer service was a nightmare. I stayed on hold longer than I should have, and I have heard that some people were on hold for close to an hour.

Just very sad what is happening with them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It finally arrived this evening. This piece is huge. There are a couple of little spots that i will have to use a black sharpie on, but, other than that, in great condition. It was in its own box, within a box, within another box. Too bad they can't pack their candles this well. 😄
I watched a YouTube video last night about Yankee Candle. I will try to copy the link here but, if for some reason it doesn't work, go to the Hearth and Soul YouTube channel and look at the video about Yankee Candle. He just uploaded it yesterday. It is so very interesting. This video answers many of the questions that we have been having regarding Yankee and their order process/shipping issues, as well as the length of time we are put "on hold" when we call customer service.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.
I agree with what he says about Yankees’s customer service, it’s deplorable. I’m really put off by it to the point I doubt I’ll be doing much business with them in the future. I will buy some Witches Brew and a Boney or two from them at Halloween and that’s it.
I just don’t want to risk having problems that will go unresolved. Before I managed to rescue my FOUR jars of melted Witches Brew I received last week I emailed them about it after waiting 30 minutes on hold for a phone rep. I’ve yet to hear back. It’s just unacceptable. And I really hate that they’re putting people out of work and closing stores. I know it’s what many American companies have done for years now but I’m finding it a bitter pill to swallow that Yankee is doing it too. Their CS reps were some of the nicest I have ever talked to and I’m beyond annoyed that we have to deal with people in foreign countries now. I feel like Yankee was one of the last few home grown companies that made holiday shopping not only a pleasant experience but a tradition and now it’s gone. * End of rant. 🎃

·
Registered
287 Posts
I watched a YouTube video last night about Yankee Candle. I will try to copy the link here but, if for some reason it doesn't work, go to the Hearth and Soul YouTube channel and look at the video about Yankee Candle. He just uploaded it yesterday. It is so very interesting. This video answers many of the questions that we have been having regarding Yankee and their order process/shipping issues, as well as the length of time we are put "on hold" when we call customer service.
Please check it out and let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for sharing the video, ScareyCarrie! I can totally relate to the moral conflict the YouTuber had regarding to continue supporting YC by reviewing their products, which helps them, while at the same time YC is decimating their American workforce. I had no idea YC had outsourced their customer service, but I did think it odd the last time I was at Walmart that they had a large selection of YC candles. I believe the YouTuber may be correct that the eventual YC market plan is to reduce their workforce even further by allowing other marketplaces to sell their products. I know my local YC store is not at all as busy as it once was and won't be surprised if its days are numbered. I also don't like that a company called "Yankee Candle", which to me personifies everything American, is hurting our citizens in favor or cheap oversea labor.

And, this reviewer was also correct that rather than stick with tried and true beloved fragrances, YC instead chooses to scrap them for new scents that can't hold a candle to them. I loved the Red Velvet scent, and can't bring myself to burn my last jar. I guess I'll have to put it in my will to someone I love, LOL I am going to look into the Village Candle Co he mentioned for the Haunted Mansion fragrance. Have you, or anyone else here purchase any of their products- are they only available online? Thanks in advance, and thank you ScareyCarrie once again for finding that great video! (y):)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I agree with what he says about Yankees’s customer service, it’s deplorable. I’m really put off by it to the point I doubt I’ll be doing much business with them in the future. I will buy some Witches Brew and a Boney or two from them at Halloween and that’s it.
I just don’t want to risk having problems that will go unresolved. Before I managed to rescue my FOUR jars of melted Witches Brew I received last week I emailed them about it after waiting 30 minutes on hold for a phone rep. I’ve yet to hear back. It’s just unacceptable. And I really hate that they’re putting people out of work and closing stores. I know it’s what many American companies have done for years now but I’m finding it a bitter pill to swallow that Yankee is doing it too. Their CS reps were some of the nicest I have ever talked to and I’m beyond annoyed that we have to deal with people in foreign countries now. I feel like Yankee was one of the last few home grown companies that made holiday shopping not only a pleasant experience but a tradition and now it’s gone. * End of rant. 🎃
I agree with you. Customer service reps were so nice and helpful. It was like talking to Aunt Bea, you know, that small town feeling. Now that's gone. Like you, I will get a jar or two of Witches Brew next year ( if they have it) and a boney figure or two and that's it. So disappointed.:cautious:

·
Registered
287 Posts
For anyone who may be interested in the Halloween Village Candle the YouTuber mentioned named Haunted Mansion, I just looked and found that Village Candle has a store on Amazon, and if you have Prime, shipping is free. Unfortunately, Haunted Mansion is temporarily out of stock, but more are supposed to be coming soon... There are other Halloween fragrances, Ghost Cemetery and Pumpkin Scarecrow.https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/C4DD12DC-1358-4777-A04C-75014EDE5D20

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing the video, ScareyCarrie! I can totally relate to the moral conflict the YouTuber had regarding to continue supporting YC by reviewing their products, which helps them, while at the same time YC is decimating their American workforce. I had no idea YC had outsourced their customer service, but I did think it odd the last time I was at Walmart that they had a large selection of YC candles. I believe the YouTuber may be correct that the eventual YC market plan is to reduce their workforce even further by allowing other marketplaces to sell their products. I know my local YC store is not at all as busy as it once was and won't be surprised if its days are numbered. I also don't like that a company called "Yankee Candle", which to me personifies everything American, is hurting our citizens in favor or cheap oversea labor.

And, this reviewer was also correct that rather than stick with tried and true beloved fragrances, YC instead chooses to scrap them for new scents that can't hold a candle to them. I loved the Red Velvet scent, and can't bring myself to burn my last jar. I guess I'll have to put it in my will to someone I love, LOL I am going to look into the Village Candle Co he mentioned for the Haunted Mansion fragrance. Have you, or anyone else here purchase any of their products- are they only available online? Thanks in advance, and thank you ScareyCarrie once again for finding that great video! (y):)
I have been looking at Village Candles website and, although I have never ordered from them before, I will be placing an order tomorrow for a couple of their Halloween candles.

I didn't know that Yankee once had a Red Velvet candle. How long ago did that come out? It sounds amazing. I wouldnt mind you willing it to me some day. ;)

You're welcome in regards to my sharing the video. I thought people should know what's happening with our once beloved company.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
For anyone who may be interested in the Halloween Village Candle the YouTuber mentioned named Haunted Mansion, I just looked and found that Village Candle has a store on Amazon, and if you have Prime, shipping is free. Unfortunately, Haunted Mansion is temporarily out of stock, but more are supposed to be coming soon... There are other Halloween fragrances, Ghost Cemetery and Pumpkin Scarecrow.https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/C4DD12DC-1358-4777-A04C-75014EDE5D20
Go to their website. They have Haunted Mansion, Pumpkin Scarecrow and Ghost Cemetary. Those are their 3 Halloween candles. They have a 25% off code FUNFALL which ends tonight.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just ordered each Halloween scent in the petite size and one large jar of Haunted Mansion. Thought buying the petite jars is a good way to see if I like the scents.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Go to their website. They have Haunted Mansion, Pumpkin Scarecrow and Ghost Cemetary. Those are their 3 Halloween candles. They have a 25% off code FUNFALL which ends tonight.
Thank you. I didn’t read this until this morning so missed the sale. Please, if you see another discount code let us know.

Also, I am looking forward to your opinion of the scent of Haunted Mansion.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi everyone - ScareyCarrie also told me about Goose Creek candle company, they are an American company with some great scents and i have been pleased with every candle i got from them. Check out their Halloween scents! Thanks again ScareyCarrie!!!
Thanks Little black cat - Goose Creek is my candle company of choice. They have some great scents, especially their pumpkin scents. I have also been happy with the Halloween collection this year. Hope they restock soon.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thank you. I didn’t read this until this morning so missed the sale. Please, if you see another discount code let us know.

Also, I am looking forward to your opinion of the scent of Haunted Mansion.
I will definitely give you my opinion on the Haunted Mansion scent. I ordered all 3 of their Halloween scents in the small jars too. The labels are amazing, so, if the scents don't cut it, I can always display the jars. :rolleyes: I will be on te look out for any future coupons they might offer and share it with the group.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I will definitely give you my opinion on the Haunted Mansion scent. I ordered all 3 of their Halloween scents in the small jars too. The labels are amazing, so, if the scents don't cut it, I can always display the jars. :rolleyes: I will be on te look out for any future coupons they might offer and share it with the group.
I have several candles that I don’t burn because I don’t care for the scent but the jars and/or labels are so darned cool for display. So there’s that to consider.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I didn't know that Yankee once had a Red Velvet candle. How long ago did that come out? It sounds amazing. I wouldnt mind you willing it to me some day.
I will put adding you to my will on my "to do" list, LOL I can't remember for sure, but I think Red Velvet was available even up to 3 or 4 years ago? I'd have to go through my old YC Halloween catalogs and look up the fragrance to find out for sure. I really loved it, it had the yummiest scent! The only problem I had with that particular candle was the wax wouldn't pool properly- it happened more than once, so it wasn't just a one candle issue. I saw your post about the sale at Village Candle too late to take advantage of it. I'm really on overload with my stock of YC candles, so I probably shouldn't buy anymore, or I'll have to will them to you also, ha! Let us know what you think about their Halloween candles! I returned my Trick or Treat & Haunted Hayride assorted candles & melt cups, but kept my large Witch's Brew. The Sales Rep said people have been asking for them daily, and my returns would be gone by the end of the day. Maybe the candles have a better scent than the melt cups?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi everyone - ScareyCarrie also told me about Goose Creek candle company, they are an American company with some great scents and i have been pleased with every candle i got from them. Check out their Halloween scents! Thanks again ScareyCarrie!!!
I tried Goose Creek for the first time this year and I am very pleased. I ordered their Witches Cauldron and I love it so much I’m going to try others. When I first sniffed it I wasn’t sure about it but when burning it smells so much like Yankees Black Magic I was glad I ordered 2. Hopefully it will come back in stock so I can order more. The best thing is it was on sale for $11.99.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks to all of you, I've expanded my Halloween candle buying.... that video by Hearth and Soul is spot on. I will now have to buy Haunted Mansion and something from the fantasy collection. My biggest disappointment so far has to be Haunted Hayride, it is awful, followed by Trick or Treat. Goose Creek and Witch City favorites so far, missed out on Kringle. Wal-Mart has remodeled the store I shop and Yankee Candle + Wood Wick have much more shelf space, all that tells me is bye bye little Yankee stores.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I tried Goose Creek for the first time this year and I am very pleased. I ordered their Witches Cauldron and I love it so much I’m going to try others. When I first sniffed it I wasn’t sure about it but when burning it smells so much like Yankees Black Magic I was glad I ordered 2. Hopefully it will come back in stock so I can order more. The best thing is it was on sale for $11.99.
The black cat is good if you like toasted marshmallows!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I will put adding you to my will on my "to do" list, LOL I can't remember for sure, but I think Red Velvet was available even up to 3 or 4 years ago? I'd have to go through my old YC Halloween catalogs and look up the fragrance to find out for sure. I really loved it, it had the yummiest scent! The only problem I had with that particular candle was the wax wouldn't pool properly- it happened more than once, so it wasn't just a one candle issue. I saw your post about the sale at Village Candle too late to take advantage of it. I'm really on overload with my stock of YC candles, so I probably shouldn't buy anymore, or I'll have to will them to you also, ha! Let us know what you think about their Halloween candles! I returned my Trick or Treat & Haunted Hayride assorted candles & melt cups, but kept my large Witch's Brew. The Sales Rep said people have been asking for them daily, and my returns would be gone by the end of the day. Maybe the candles have a better scent than the melt cups?
RavenLily, I would hang on to that last jar of Red Velvet. I looked on Ebay and the prices the sellers are asking are crazy.

521 - 540 of 632 Posts