Halloween Forum banner

501 - 520 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
grandma lise - Do you own all of the Boney Bunch from the beginning? Or do you pick and choose from past collections the pieces that you "must have"? Just wondering.
No, not at all. There were some years that I really didnt like some of the pieces, particularly after Mark Cook left. Interestingly, I felt that way about the 2009 collection and ended up back collecting most of them so it's not been a perfect process!

The good news is that it's always possible to back collect, and its a lot of fun trying to get those pieces for a good price, like you've been doing with the 2008 and 2009 collections. :)

However, there are pieces, most if not all that were designed by Mark Cook, that compliment the Boney Bunch but were not sold in Yankee Candle stores. Those pieces have always been difficult to back collect. I have most of the ones I most wanted now thanks to a collector who sold her entire collection years ago. I absolutely treasure those pieces. I really enjoy following Little black cat as she acquires the old Coynes & Company pieces. Not easily done. Always fun to see what I don't have and likely never will have!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I was thinking more about Professor Boney in the Library (and Boney Holmes) from the 2017 collection. Does anyone know if it's possibly associated with a scene from film or literature? Or did it just fulfill a need for a murder scene for the Boney Holmes piece?

The professor is holding a rope behind his back with a noose tied at its end. And there's a noose hanging just inside of the door, possibly to the library, in the Boney Holmes piece.

I should ask my husband. He read Sherlock Holmes multiple times when he was younger!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
No, not at all. There were some years that I really didnt like some of the pieces, particularly after Mark Cook left. Interestingly, I felt that way about the 2009 collection and ended up back collecting most of them so it's not been a perfect process!

The good news is that it's always possible to back collect, and its a lot of fun trying to get those pieces for a good price, like you've been doing with the 2008 and 2009 collections. :)

However, there are pieces, most if not all that were designed by Mark Cook, that compliment the Boney Bunch but were not sold in Yankee Candle stores. Those pieces have always been difficult to back collect. I have most of the ones I most wanted now thanks to a collector who sold her entire collection years ago. I absolutely treasure those pieces. I really enjoy following Little black cat as she acquires the old Coynes & Company pieces. Not easily done. Always fun to see what I don't have and likely never will have!
You've peaked my curiosity. You mentioned that Mark Cook designed some pieces that were not sold through Yankee Candle. What were those pieces? Can you share a picture of one or two? Did Mark Cook design the Coynes & Co. collection? Apologize for all of the questions, but I am excited to learn about the back history of the Boney Bunch and Mr. Bones & Friends.:geek:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
You've peaked my curiosity. You mentioned that Mark Cook designed some pieces that were not sold through Yankee Candle. What were those pieces? Can you share a picture of one or two? Did Mark Cook design the Coynes & Co. collection? Apologize for all of the questions, but I am excited to learn about the back history of the Boney Bunch and Mr. Bones & Friends.:geek:
He designed for Coynes & Co. too... https://www.facebook.com/pg/BoneyBunchLove/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1089101431168268&ref=page_internal

There's also a few more collections that were sold through big box stores and gift shops that sold Yankee Candle. I don't know who designed them, but they're fun additions to the Boney Bunch...

The Ultimate After [Life] Party - (that includes my favorite, the "ghoul" band that may have been designed by Mark Cook, but I don't know)... https://www.facebook.com/pg/BoneyBunchLove/photos/?tab=album&album_id=350205448391207&ref=page_internal
The Pumpkin People - (I think these may have been designed by Mark Cook too, but again, I don't know)... https://www.facebook.com/pg/BoneyBunchLove/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1089098831168528&ref=page_internal

We should buy something from him again and ask him. ;)

You've seen these before, but it's always fun revisiting these collections. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
He designed for Coynes & Co. too... https://www.facebook.com/pg/BoneyBunchLove/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1089101431168268&ref=page_internal

There's also a few more collections that were sold through big box stores and gift shops that sold Yankee Candle. I don't know who designed them, but they're fun additions to the Boney Bunch...

The Ultimate After [Life] Party - (that includes my favorite, the "ghoul" band that may have been designed by Mark Cook, but I don't know)... https://www.facebook.com/pg/BoneyBunchLove/photos/?tab=album&album_id=350205448391207&ref=page_internal
The Pumpkin People - (I think these may have been designed by Mark Cook too, but again, I don't know)... https://www.facebook.com/pg/BoneyBunchLove/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1089098831168528&ref=page_internal

We should buy something from him again and ask him. ;)

You've seen these before, but it's always fun revisiting these collections. :)
grandma lise - You are a wealth of knowledge and my "go to" on the history of the Boney Bunch/Mr. Bones and Friends/Pumpkin People, etc. I am in awe of what you know. Thank you so much for your reply to my many questions.

I looked at the links you provided and realized that I would love to add a few of those pieces to my collection. Looks like I have my work cut out for me in regards to back-collecting. If, indeed, Mark Cook designed some if not all of these pieces, he was and is a wonderful designer. Guess I'll have to buy another piece from his Etsy store and throw in a few questions regarding the older collections. :whistle:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes, Grandma Lise is priceless and brings so much to the table on LOTS of stuff! I kid you not. Plus she is so nice and generous with her time, to say the least! You rock Grandma Lise! 🎃 I have company and will have a great deal of catchup when they leave.

Like several of you I received a Boney Bunch Circus Tent that had misspelled words and a poor paint job in general. I got the replacement and it is fantastic. I encourage those who aren't happy with theirs to call Yankee Candle.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
ScareyCarrie it's been a lot of fun for me tagging along with you all as you back collect the Boney Bunch and Little black cat back collects The Incredible Mr. Bones and Friends. I so enjoy your vintage Halloween displays. And you ask questions that the lurkers likely benefit from too.

X-pired, so glad you got a good Circus Tent. Yay! I re-ordered the Boney Clowns piece. Hoping for a better one this time. I really lucked out this year. No horrible paint jobs, but it seems like every year I get one that doesn't meet my minimal standards. Looking forward to having you back with us again when you have a bit more time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here ya go guys & ghouls. I hope I can help someone fill a hole in their collection. Shoot a message my way if you’re interested in something. I’m looking to part with:

Yankee Candle Halloween Bat Tree tealight holder
Boney Illumi-lid jar topper
Boney head tart burner
Boney & Clyde
Booze Hound
Bonesy the dog w/pumpkin
2016 Pet Cemetery
2015 Spine Tingling Electric Chair
2014 Dig In candy coffin
2014 Taxi
2013 Crossbones Top Hat jar topper
2013 Bone White & 7 Dwarves

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It finally arrived this evening. This piece is huge. There are a couple of little spots that i will have to use a black sharpie on, but, other than that, in great condition. It was in its own box, within a box, within another box. Too bad they can't pack their candles this well. 😄

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
It finally arrived this evening. This piece is huge. There are a couple of little spots that i will have to use a black sharpie on, but, other than that, in great condition. It was in its own box, within a box, within another box. Too bad they can't pack their candles this well. 😄
Yippee! So glad you got it. It is a nice piece!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Does anyone know if Yankee will be restocking witch's brew? Or did they already restock and it's sold out again?
I REALLY hate Trick or Treat and I'm trying to exchange it...LOL
I wouldn't hold my breath. I was lucky to get a few, but, unfortunately one of the two jars that were delivered to me last week was shattered in shipping. :(

·
Registered
287 Posts
Does anyone know if Yankee will be restocking witch's brew? Or did they already restock and it's sold out again?
I REALLY hate Trick or Treat and I'm trying to exchange it...LOL
I can't answer regarding Witch's Brew, but I CAN agree about Trick or Treat! A better name would be the next line of the kid's jingle trick or treat, Smell My Feet, and that's assuming the feet were submerged in a bucket of rotting celery with a hint of the essential oils of an airline sick bag. Then, to hope for a better outcome, I put a Haunted Hayride melt cup into my Scenterpiece and had to turn it off as soon as the scent was detectable and open the windows before my Hubby came home. It smelled like Dimetapp cold syrup thrown on a burning smoky log with a hint of an old Hippie smelling faintly of patchouli with his clothes reeking of smoking weed, blech. I'll be returning these candles, melt cups and matching tea lights ASAP. I really thought on cold sniff in the store that I'd like these, but they take on a whole new life lit, or maybe I should say a whole new afterlife, they certainly smell like it, LOL

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I watched a YouTube video last night about Yankee Candle. I will try to copy the link here but, if for some reason it doesn't work, go to the Hearth and Soul YouTube channel and look at the video about Yankee Candle. He just uploaded it yesterday. It is so very interesting. This video answers many of the questions that we have been having regarding Yankee and their order process/shipping issues, as well as the length of time we are put "on hold" when we call customer service.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
327 Posts
ScareyCarrie - just watched the video, wow, that is really sad what is happening to YC, i didn't know any of that. I haven't ordered anything on line lately, so I haven't had the experiences you guys have. I feel they have been going downhill for a while, especially in the quality department so I am not surprised. What a shame if the stores close!!!

501 - 520 of 632 Posts