Halloween Forum banner

481 - 500 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Oh wow, ScareyCarrie, I'm so impressed by your's and Little black cat's determination to back collect the older Mark Cook pieces instead of the newer pieces. Not sure I could do it! Makes me so happy whenever I see 2008 pieces displayed together. Love seeing the gentlemen in their top hats and the ladies going about their daily business!

RavenLily, this is such a fun time of the year for me. Some of my best days collecting have been at the smaller thrift stores. This week, I picked up some more pans - (so now have three "circus rings", a black cat jingle bell, a bright green Tag Halloween towel with embroidered spider, birds, bat, and cat, a Halloween blanket, a 6 foot, woven cotton table runner, and a Partylite Fourth of July pillar/votive/tea light holder which I'm displaying with one of my tea lights that changes colors. Perfect for New Year's!

My YC shipment was created on the 11th, and put on a truck heading west on the 12th, but won't be here until the 18th. I'm going to speculate they either had access issues in the warehouse, they had a system failure, they were overwhelmed with orders, or a combination of any of the above. Or perhaps they had an outbreak of measles in the warehouse - (I saw yesterday on YouTube that a Scientology cruise ship is quarantined due to a crew member being diagnosed). Who knows... I don't recall this ever happening before. I'll just be glad when my order arrives. Even though we're both on the west coast, our FedEx hubs are likely different. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I'm having a procedure next week. Looking forward to getting to the other side of it.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Can anyone instruct me in how to post thumbnails instead of full size images from my Android phone? I can't figure out how to do it. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have to say, I’m pretty disappointed in this year’s series. YC going ALL IN on the circus theme was an interesting choice, to say the least. This is the first year that I didn’t buy anything since the BB launched. So, to combat the disappointment, I let my favorite Boneys out for another year. I went with a Boney Hotel theme this year, with the top shelf being above ground and then each shelf being a different floor of the hotel.

·
Registered
960 Posts
ScareyCarrie - wow! You hit the Boney jackpot! Those are 3 of my favorite pieces.
Thanks Little black cat - Guess I found these great pieces at the right time on Ebay. So happy with them. Love the older Boneys and will continue to back-collect them, as I wasn't as fortunate as others to buy them when they came out.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have to say, I’m pretty disappointed in this year’s series. YC going ALL IN on the circus theme was an interesting choice, to say the least. This is the first year that I didn’t buy anything since the BB launched. So, to combat the disappointment, I let my favorite Boneys out for another year. I went with a Boney Hotel theme this year, with the top shelf being above ground and then each shelf being a different floor of the hotel.
View attachment 720026
View attachment 720027
What a great display. I especially the floor of the hotel that has the singer with Boney Joel. Thanks for sharing that with us.

·
Registered
475 Posts
DarkSecret, it really bothers me that evidently Fedex delivered your items to the wrong house, especially since some of those items are no longer available. If I were you, I would insist on having them share the photo that they DO take when they leave deliveries to see just whose home it went to. You may be able to recognize which neighbor's home it was left at? This is what I had to do with USPS and they did show me their delivery photo, which I immediately realized was a wrought iron bench on a front porch belonging to a neighbor a few doors down. He had my package in his house unopened- I think he was waiting to see if there would be repercussions before keeping and opening it!
Hey there RavenLily, I can tell you I have had a go around with FEDEX. I will never know what happened to my original order. I don't think the drivers take photos of their deliveries, at least to my knowledge. Good news is that today I found the Halloween Friends Tree at a YC store 30 some miles from my home. I bought the last one, the clerk said they started with 12 of them. Then, lo and behold out by my garage was my YC online reorder of TDDUP. I was very pleased with the piece, it was well painted, and I really like it, I know I was lucky to finally get one. It IS a large piece. So except for the waiting and waiting everything turned out just fine. My postal carrier delivered this package. FEDEX turned it over to the USPS, thankfully.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I've been recovering from minor surgery, but feeling a little better now and wanted to update about finally receiving tracking info on my TDDUP order that I placed on 9/3- it finally shipped on 9/10 but I just checked and it's sitting in Ohio and isn't scheduled to be delivered to me in California until 9/20. I can't believe we have to pay $5.99 for such ridiculously slow shipping. Okay, rant over and out, LOL I hope all who placed orders are having better luck receiving them in a timely manner than me. Also, Grandma Lise, I LOVE your finds!! You have such a knack for finding the cutest vintage things! I find that for me, the best things are at the small thrift shops rather than Goodwill and Salvation Army, but that may just be in my area, not sure. Either way, congrats on those beautiful treasures!!
I placed my order on the 3rd and it was shipped out on the 10th, just like yours. Is supposed to be delivered today, but I doubt that highly as we already received our mail and the package wasn't part of that. So, I will assume that MAYBE I will get it on Monday. This has to be the worst year of Yankee processing and shipping orders.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I placed my order on the 3rd and it was shipped out on the 10th, just like yours. Is supposed to be delivered today, but I doubt that highly as we already received our mail and the package wasn't part of that. So, I will assume that MAYBE I will get it on Monday. This has to be the worst year of Yankee processing and shipping orders.
I agree, my tracking at first said I'd get my order Monday, then it was changed, just today, stating I would get it Tuesday. So I wasn't even looking for it today. Funny thing is when I first saw it, I though it might possibly be my lost order, haha!

·
Registered
262 Posts
RavenLily, this is such a fun time of the year for me. Some of my best days collecting have been at the smaller thrift stores. This week, I picked up some more pans - (so now have three "circus rings", a black cat jingle bell, a bright green Tag Halloween towel with embroidered spider, birds, bat, and cat, a Halloween blanket, a 6 foot, woven cotton table runner, and a Partylite Fourth of July pillar/votive/tea light holder which I'm displaying with one of my tea lights that changes colors. Perfect for New Year's!

View attachment 720024

My YC shipment was created on the 11th, and put on a truck heading west on the 12th, but won't be here until the 18th. I'm going to speculate they either had access issues in the warehouse, they had a system failure, they were overwhelmed with orders, or a combination of any of the above. Or perhaps they had an outbreak of measles in the warehouse - (I saw yesterday on YouTube that a Scientology cruise ship is quarantined due to a crew member being diagnosed). Who knows... I don't recall this ever happening before. I'll just be glad when my order arrives. Even though we're both on the west coast, our FedEx hubs are likely different. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I'm having a procedure next week. Looking forward to getting to the other side of it.
Thank you for the well-wishes Grandma Lise, I wish you all the best with your upcoming procedure too! I wish we lived closer, I would love to haunt the thrift shops with you! I remember when my sons were younger dragging them along with me, but somehow they just didn't appreciate the excitement of finding a treasure among the lesser items. Anywho, I just love your idea for a three ring circus with the pans you found, and I just know it will pan out perfectly- you are VERY creative! :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey there RavenLily, I can tell you I have had a go around with FEDEX. I will never know what happened to my original order. I don't think the drivers take photos of their deliveries, at least to my knowledge. Good news is that today I found the Halloween Friends Tree at a YC store 30 some miles from my home. I bought the last one, the clerk said they started with 12 of them. Then, lo and behold out by my garage was my YC online reorder of TDDUP. I was very pleased with the piece, it was well painted, and I really like it, I know I was lucky to finally get one. It IS a large piece. So except for the waiting and waiting everything turned out just fine. My postal carrier delivered this package. FEDEX turned it over to the USPS, thankfully.
Oh yay!! I'm so very happy you were able to get your Halloween Friends Tree!! That helps take some of the sting out of the missing shipment, and also happy you got a very nicely made TDDUP!! Please keep your fingers crossed for me and my TDDUP- I sure hope I don't get the person who painted the "Boney BONCH" piece- If so, I might wind up with an "F" rather than a "P' for the word "Part" LOL! 🤣

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
RavenLily, thanks for the kind words and "pan" humor. ;)

The older boys enjoyed shopping on special occassions. The youngest, not so much which was okay. Honestly, it wasn't until our son left for college that I really got excited about collecting again. It's a lot of fun. I hope you'll post your Halloween finds here too.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Eric_Draven, great displays! I laughed when I saw your pairing of Professor Boney and the Grim Reaper! And your posters over the mantle really set the tone for the room. I'd love to do a display with the hotel pieces. I didn't buy the billiard piece until the following year. Don't know what I was thinking. It's a must have. And I loved it once I had it in hand. Have you thought about putting a raised flameless tealight behind the A Little Party piece for back lighting through the window? I haven't tried it yet, not sure if it would add or detract from the piece, but I want to try it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eric_Draven, great displays! Have you thought about putting a raised flameless tealight behind the A Little Party piece for back lighting through the window? I haven't tried it yet, not sure if it would add or detract from the piece, but I want to try it.
Great idea. I usually throw some battery operated tea lights in where the situation calls for it. I’ll play around with it.

These past few years I’ve been selling off a couple pieces from my collection as I set them out for the year. Helps me narrow down my favorites as I go and better utilize the space I’ve got to work with. I decided to add the Spine Tingling Electric Chair and Booze Hound to my list of sells this year. Last year they were in the corner of the bar scene but this year something had to go. The less-is-more philosophy definitely makes me appreciate the ones I have. Finding new ways to set them out like this is part of the fun for me. Glad people seem to dig it.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Eric_Draven that's wonderful for us that you periodically sell pieces from your collection. Can't remember the specific piece, but you provided a piece I needed a few years ago. Thank you for that. I think you're wise. I'm going through my collections this fall too to see what I don't want any more. Also to better organize it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eric_Draven that's wonderful for us that you periodically sell pieces from your collection. Can't remember the specific piece, but you provided a piece I needed a few years ago. Thank you for that. I think you're wise. I'm going through my collections this fall too to see what I don't want any more. Also to better organize it!
Oh yeah! I think it was the 2009 Wedding Couple? I hope they’re good. If they’re divorced don’t tell me. Maybe I’ll throw my updated list up sometime this week. I love to help collectors here find pieces they need.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Oh yeah! I think it was the 2009 Wedding Couple? I hope they’re good. If they’re divorced don’t tell me. Maybe I’ll throw my updated list up sometime this week. I love to help collectors here find pieces they need.
Thanks. I am in the process of back-collecting and would be interested to see what you might be selling.

481 - 500 of 598 Posts