Halloween Forum banner

461 - 480 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
DarkSecret, those Partylight pieces occassionally show up in thrift stores because the take up a lot of storage space when stored in their boxes. There's a skeleton and cat in addition to the dog.

ScareyCarrie, those lanterns were my favorite find last night. I rarely come across pieces like that in thrift stores.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Does anyone know what year Yankee stopped making Boney Bunch pieces with flocking?
After looking at Boney Bunch Love's yearly "Boney Stamp Sheets" here... https://www.facebook.com/pg/BoneyBunchLove/photos/?tab=album&album_id=493099004101850&ref=page_internal I'm going to hazard a guess that the last flocked piece was the 2015 Spine Tingling. I quickly confirmed this by looking at a photograph of it on Ebay. I hadn't even noticed they'd stopped flocking ScareyCarrie. Great question!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Got my tracking number an hour ago. Yay!

After I posted last night, I researched the Tis Halloween Night mercury glass tea light holder. It's a Midwest of Cannon Falls piece. The witch is holding a jack-o-lantern and is surrounded by stormy clouds. The artwork looks like it was from a carved block print. I collect tea light holders and consider this a very lucky find. It boggles the mind why anyone would donate a piece like this...but works for me!

Glad to see word of orders shipping!
Fantastic finds Grandma Lise! I love everything you picked up, it definitely was a lucky day for you. I stopped by Goodwill this afternoon and was so disappointed that they didn’t have any Halloween out. Not one thing. 😟

·
Registered
823 Posts
After looking at Boney Bunch Love's yearly "Boney Stamp Sheets" here... https://www.facebook.com/pg/BoneyBunchLove/photos/?tab=album&album_id=493099004101850&ref=page_internal I'm going to hazard a guess that the last flocked piece was the 2015 Spine Tingling. I quickly confirmed this by looking at a photograph of it on Ebay. I hadn't even noticed they'd stopped flocking ScareyCarrie. Great question!
I wonder if they stopped flocking because it can rub off leaving little "bald" spots on the boney pieces. Thanks for the information on the last flocked boney (even though I know you are guessing). ;)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Fantastic finds Grandma Lise! I love everything you picked up, it definitely was a lucky day for you. I stopped by Goodwill this afternoon and was so disappointed that they didn’t have any Halloween out. Not one thing. 😟
What! That's crazy. We're just under 7 weeks out from Halloween!

But...that's actually good news. If you call to find out the day they're going to begin putting Halloween out, you might get some good finds that day... ;)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I wonder if they stopped flocking because it can rub off leaving little "bald" spots on the boney pieces. Thanks for the information on the last flocked boney (even though I know you are guessing). ;)
That's a good question. I liked the flocking, but perhaps not enough...because I didn't notice when they stopped using it. ;)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Oh wow Little black cat, I've never seen that one in person. It's really nice! I can't remember...where were those pieces originally sold? Do you know?

Congrats!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hi guys, got my latest Ebay find today, Mr. Bones and Friends candy dish. So happy I found it as it has been on my Boney bucket list forever!!!
Grandma lise - I checked the box and it had an original price tag on it from Dillards department store. I bet they were sold in other similar stores, what do you think? I love these older pieces, they just look like classic Halloween to me!
We don't have Dillards here, but I did go to one many years ago in Florida. Bought a beautiful prom dress for my daughter there.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yes, I love Mark Cook's work too, Little black cat. Those pieces have a wonderful whimsical quality to them! But some of the pieces in recent years do too. I'm thinking they were likely sold wherever Coynes & Company products were sold, though I'm sure it varied each year.

ScareyCarrie, I've never seen or been in a Dillards store but have heard good things about them over the years. I miss the days when department stores sold interesting seasonal decor from companies like Coynes & Company. But am grateful to have online stores like Traditions. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dillards is kind of like a Macy's or Jcpenney. I remember up north years ago we had Kaufmans and Boscovs. I know there are some Boscovs left in Pa, none down here in Fla though. I miss the cute seasonal things too. But i do like shopping on line too!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Dillards is kind of like a Macy's or Jcpenney. I remember up north years ago we had Kaufmans and Boscovs. I know there are some Boscovs left in Pa, none down here in Fla though. I miss the cute seasonal things too. But i do like shopping on line too!
I have heard that Dillards is comparable to Macy's, which we have here in Illinois. Macy's stores, or JCP do not carry much in Halloween decor. So, like the both of you, I find what I need on line. The only downside to shopping on line is hoping that your merchandise arrives in one piece. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
245 Posts
No, when I talked with Yankee Candle and explained to them my problems with FEDEX, the representative offered a refund. I told her I would give it another week, but she insisted that I take a refund. The Halloween friends tree was already out of stock and TDDUP was low stock (plus it was 40% off) so I reordered that before I spoke with YC. Last go around the package took only 3 days to reach my area. It was supposed to be delivered August 30th, it wasn't, I figure it sat in the truck overnight. FEDEX claimed they delivered at 5:56 pm on the 31st, I was home it didn't come to my house. When I called them they insisted it was delivered, I wish they would come to my house and show me where they put it. They can't cause it went somewhere else. Three days from now my neighbors will probably see me running down the street chasing after a FEDEX truck, cause I have no faith in them actually making it to my house. I hope it is a different driver that knows my area, we will see.
DarkSecret, it really bothers me that evidently Fedex delivered your items to the wrong house, especially since some of those items are no longer available. If I were you, I would insist on having them share the photo that they DO take when they leave deliveries to see just whose home it went to. You may be able to recognize which neighbor's home it was left at? This is what I had to do with USPS and they did show me their delivery photo, which I immediately realized was a wrought iron bench on a front porch belonging to a neighbor a few doors down. He had my package in his house unopened- I think he was waiting to see if there would be repercussions before keeping and opening it!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've been recovering from minor surgery, but feeling a little better now and wanted to update about finally receiving tracking info on my TDDUP order that I placed on 9/3- it finally shipped on 9/10 but I just checked and it's sitting in Ohio and isn't scheduled to be delivered to me in California until 9/20. I can't believe we have to pay $5.99 for such ridiculously slow shipping. Okay, rant over and out, LOL I hope all who placed orders are having better luck receiving them in a timely manner than me. Also, Grandma Lise, I LOVE your finds!! You have such a knack for finding the cutest vintage things! I find that for me, the best things are at the small thrift shops rather than Goodwill and Salvation Army, but that may just be in my area, not sure. Either way, congrats on those beautiful treasures!!

461 - 480 of 511 Posts
About this Discussion
510 Replies
44 Participants
Eric_Draven
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing