Halloween Forum banner

441 - 460 of 582 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well got notification at 6:40 pm that my order is on it's way, I ordered 09/04 so why mine was sent out and ScareyCarrie 's wasn't I don't know. I wonder if FEDEX will find my house this time. A FEDEX representative told me they definitely delivered my last order to my house ha! I wish I had outdoor security cameras, because someone got that package but I didn't!
Guess what? I just checked my e-mail and low and behold, Yankee has shipped my TDDUP. Dark Secret you must have been my good luck charm. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Guess what? I just checked my e-mail and low and behold, Yankee has shipped my TDDUP. Dark Secret you must have been my good luck charm. :)
My order has finally shipped as well, or at least has a tracking number. It will probably take FedEx two weeks to deliver it but still, at least it doesn’t say it’s still in the warehouse.

I’m still waiting on an order placed on August 25th. FedEx says it is supposed to be delivered next Monday the 16th. Ugh!
After being on hold for 20+ minutes with Yankee Customer Service, I was connected to "Roy". He put me on hold for a bit to check on the status of my order from 9/3/19 that is still "In Warehouse" (TDDUP). He tells me that it is being shipped either today or tomorrow and that I should be receiving an e-mail stating such. Although he didn't sound very convincing.

Just checked the order status and it is still "In Warehouse". Guess I'll give it another day or two before I call again. I am beyond dissatisfied with Yankee's order processing and shipping. I know I am not alone in this either.
No, you definitely aren’t alone in your dissatisfaction! Not by a long shot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well got notification at 6:40 pm that my order is on it's way, I ordered 09/04 so why mine was sent out and ScareyCarrie 's wasn't I don't know. I wonder if FEDEX will find my house this time. A FEDEX representative told me they definitely delivered my last order to my house ha! I wish I had outdoor security cameras, because someone got that package but I didn't!
Did you get your items replaced? I’m wondering because the time it happened to me Yankee did at least replace everything that was still in stock.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I am so happy for you! At least it is on its way. I hope our good luck continues and we both get this piece, we have waited so long! I think there are several of us that are patiently waiting for TDDUP.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am so happy for you! At least it is on its way. I hope our good luck continues and we both get this piece, we have waited so long! I think there are several of us that are patiently waiting for TDDUP.
I hope everyone likes their TDDUP, it’s huge but it’s stunning. I have to say mine is the best painted Boney piece I have. Whoever painted it did an impeccable job, even the lips are perfect.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Did you get your items replaced? I’m wondering because the time it happened to me Yankee did at least replace everything that was still in stock.
No, when I talked with Yankee Candle and explained to them my problems with FEDEX, the representative offered a refund. I told her I would give it another week, but she insisted that I take a refund. The Halloween friends tree was already out of stock and TDDUP was low stock (plus it was 40% off) so I reordered that before I spoke with YC. Last go around the package took only 3 days to reach my area. It was supposed to be delivered August 30th, it wasn't, I figure it sat in the truck overnight. FEDEX claimed they delivered at 5:56 pm on the 31st, I was home it didn't come to my house. When I called them they insisted it was delivered, I wish they would come to my house and show me where they put it. They can't cause it went somewhere else. Three days from now my neighbors will probably see me running down the street chasing after a FEDEX truck, cause I have no faith in them actually making it to my house. I hope it is a different driver that knows my area, we will see.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I hope everyone likes their TDDUP, it’s huge but it’s stunning. I have to say mine is the best painted Boney piece I have. Whoever painted it did an impeccable job, even the lips are perfect.
You are one of the lucky ones, to actually get TDDUP and one with a good paint job too, amazing! I thought YC might restock, but it didn't happen and at this point I don't think it will.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My order has finally shipped as well, or at least has a tracking number. It will probably take FedEx two weeks to deliver it but still, at least it doesn’t say it’s still in the warehouse.

I’m still waiting on an order placed on August 25th. FedEx says it is supposed to be delivered next Monday the 16th. Ugh!

No, you definitely aren’t alone in your dissatisfaction! Not by a long shot.
WyckedSpiryt is your order from August 25th still in transit?? Good Lord that is unbelievable. I keep hoping my original order might some how show up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No, when I talked with Yankee Candle and explained to them my problems with FEDEX, the representative offered a refund. I told her I would give it another week, but she insisted that I take a refund. The Halloween friends tree was already out of stock and TDDUP was low stock (plus it was 40% off) so I reordered that before I spoke with YC. Last go around the package took only 3 days to reach my area. It was supposed to be delivered August 30th, it wasn't, I figure it sat in the truck overnight. FEDEX claimed they delivered at 5:56 pm on the 31st, I was home it didn't come to my house. When I called them they insisted it was delivered, I wish they would come to my house and show me where they put it. They can't cause it went somewhere else. Three days from now my neighbors will probably see me running down the street chasing after a FEDEX truck, cause I have no faith in them actually making it to my house. I hope it is a different driver that knows my area, we will see.
Wow, it sounds like you need to either upgrade to signature delivery or have FedEx hold your packages for pick up. My issue the one time was a substitute mailman who didn’t check the address. I live in the boonies and the driver went by GPS only.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wow, it sounds like you need to either upgrade to signature delivery or have FedEx hold your packages for pick up. My issue the one time was a substitute mailman who didn’t check the address. I live in the boonies and the driver went by GPS only.
So you are telling me I can call FEDEX and ask that they hold my package for me to pick up? I didn't know I could do that. I would truly consider that. Thanks I wasn't aware that may be possible.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
DarkSecret, we own a business so began using a service in the early 90's that receives all our mail and shipments. It costs us $15 a month, but it's the best investment we've ever made. We've had one package returned to sender, and another misdelivered to one of the other businesses in the strip mall, but have never had a package "disappear". The few times there was a problem, the package eventually arrived. I also didn't know you could have packages held by FedEx for pick up. I think that's a great idea!

·
Registered
60 Posts
So you are telling me I can call FEDEX and ask that they hold my package for me to pick up? I didn't know I could do that. I would truly consider that. Thanks I wasn't aware that may be possible.
Yes, once you have a tracking number and delivery date you can even request it on line. You have to make an account but that’s easy.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I had so much fun tonight. Picked up some candles and tea light holders at the first thrift store. It was senior day at the second thrift store so got 30% off everything. And for reasons I don't understand, they put out a lot of "new to the floor" Halloween decor, today of all days! Picked up an oil based paint pen at Michaels to repaint the mouth on "Eye Phone". Then headed over to HomeGoods and bought a 20" tall witch that I think will be perfect at the base of my black Halloween fir tree.

The tea light holder on the left is vintage Hallmark. The other has great artwork and says "Tis Halloween Night". The others are unscented candles that I like.

Was thrilled to find these two PartyLite pieces.

These two lanterns are older, and just screamed "circus" to me. [ETA: Company is Pacific Rim, Seattle WA; sold in 2007]. And that pan looks like a circus ring to me. Hoping to use these items in my display this year.

And here's the witch.

Also found a flat sheet in a pattern I found at a garage sale years ago, and a smaller size of a "Brown Betty" teapot from England that I have and treasure. I didnt know until tonight a smaller one exsisted.

Happy sigh...

This is a good time to hit the thrift stores. Every year, I build these types of finds into my displays. I could have bought more. Saw a fun vintage Gemmy "Boo" sign with stake tonight, in it's original box too.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
I had so much fun tonight. Picked up some candles and tea light holders at the first thrift store. It was senior day at the second thrift store so got 30% off everything. And for reasons I don't understand, they put out a lot of "new to the floor" Halloween decor, today of all days! Picked up an oil based paint pen at Michaels to repaint the mouth on "Eye Phone". Then headed over to HomeGoods and bought a 20" tall witch that I think will be perfect at the base of my black Halloween fir tree.

View attachment 719499

The tea light holder on the left is vintage Hallmark. The other has great artwork and says "Tis Halloween Night". The others are unscented candles that I like.

View attachment 719503

Was thrilled to find these two PartyLite pieces.

View attachment 719501

These two lanterns are older, and just screamed "circus" to me. [ETA: Company is Pacific Rim, Seattle WA; sold in 2007]. And that pan looks like a circus ring to me. Hoping to use these items in my display this year.

View attachment 719502

And here's the witch.

Also found a flat sheet in a pattern I found at a garage sale years ago, and a smaller size of a "Brown Betty" teapot from England that I have and treasure. I didnt know until tonight a smaller one exsisted.

Happy sigh...

This is a good time to hit the thrift stores. Every year, I build these types of finds into my displays. I could have bought more. Saw a fun vintage Gemmy "Boo" sign with stake tonight, in it's original box too.
Looks like you did have a fun day! I like everything, but I especially love the little dog!

·
Registered
954 Posts
grandma lise - I absolutely love all of your thrift store finds. Especially the 2 lanterns, and, yes, they do look like circus to me too. They will look great incorporated into your Boney circus theme this year. Love that you received the senior discount. Sometimes it pays to be "older". ;)

·
Registered
954 Posts
I hope I am lucky enough to first, receive the item, arrive in one piece, and have a great paint job. FIngers crossed.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Got my tracking number an hour ago. Yay!

After I posted last night, I researched the Tis Halloween Night mercury glass tea light holder. It's a Midwest of Cannon Falls piece. The witch is holding a jack-o-lantern and is surrounded by stormy clouds. The artwork looks like it was from a carved block print. I collect tea light holders and consider this a very lucky find. It boggles the mind why anyone would donate a piece like this...but works for me!

Glad to see word of orders shipping!

441 - 460 of 582 Posts