Halloween Forum banner

401 - 420 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
View attachment 718861
I finally got my order from August 24th! Everything was good, Til Death is so big! I knew you guys were saying it was big but did not realize it!
My only complaint is that I guess the collection this year is the “Boney Bonch”. Don’t know if it’s worth calling and trying to get a replacement and sending this back. Also, the styrofoam and box basically FELL apart when I took all the pieces out. Lol
I think the tent has the most quality problems this year. Mine doesn’t have an ‘s’ on the end of ‘circus’. It says ‘circu’. Also there is a large swath across the front that isn’t glazed. And part of the spider web is just a fat black blob. They are sending a replacement which has just been sitting in their warehouse for four days now. With FedEx Sure Post it will take another two weeks to get here after it ships and Im not joking either. That’s what delivery time is running to my address from Yankee Candle.
My Youngerbaby tea light order came in yesterday. They come in a high quality box carboard box with a picture of the tea lights on the lid. Perfect for storage (and retrieval)!

The tea light is white, which threw me a bit. Thought I'd ordered the wrong ones. Turned the tea light on which greatly warmed its overall color. Relieved. The "flame" is clear and is nicely shaped. The LED is amber and has a bit of a flicker to it.

When turned off, they are white, when turned on, they're more of an ivory color. Looks great in Til Death Do We Part.

Yankee Candle must have gotten a lot of orders with the sale. I'm still waiting for a tracking number from them. Ordered after work on the first of the two day 40% off sale. Late last night they emailed and told me I could still add items to my shipment if I "act fast". I'm done unless they get more of the Halloween Friends tree.

ScareyCarrie, eight days is a long time. Hope you get your shipment soon.
Granma Lise, what else did you order during the sale? Thanks for sharing your review of the tea lights.

·
Registered
475 Posts
for those who received their tea lights are they bright meaning do they put off a decent light or is it weak?
I wouldn't call it a bright light, it is not white but gold like a flame. The light shines through the plastic "melted wax". They do flicker. I haven't used them in anything yet, I am waiting for my Til Death piece.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I wouldn't call it a bright light, it is not white but gold like a flame. The light shines through the plastic "melted wax". They do flicker. I haven't used them in anything yet, I am waiting for my Til Death piece.
I might add if you need a battery for your car key fob, these in the candles should fit nicely!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I think the tent has the most quality problems this year. Mine doesn’t have an ‘s’ on the end of ‘circus’. It says ‘circu’. Also there is a large swath across the front that isn’t glazed. And part of the spider web is just a fat black blob. They are sending a replacement which has just been sitting in their warehouse for four days now. With FedEx Sure Post it will take another two weeks to get here after it ships and Im not joking either. That’s what delivery time is running to my address from Yankee Candle.

Granma Lise, what else did you order during the sale? Thanks for sharing your review of the tea lights.
Wycked Spiryt, I got a second Boney Clowns Jar Holder because I don't like the first one I received and the Spiderweb Screen. It's been 72 hours and it's still "in warehouse". Sorry to hear your circus tent was missing glaze in the front. I guess some things never change... ;)

ScareyCarrie, I see you got the information you needed, but here's the link to the tea lights I ordered from Youngbaby... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CI1BD8Q/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like them. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of all the YC deliveries still either lost or in transit. I'm really getting extremely agitated with YC over their snail pace in processing orders. I placed my order for Til Death Do Us Part on September 3rd and as of today, the 7th, it is still in warehouse. I could understand if YC offered free shipping, but having to pay $5.99 for such slow processing AND delivery times is, as YC would say, a "bonch" of you know what, Grrr!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of all the YC deliveries still either lost or in transit. I'm really getting extremely agitated with YC over their snail pace in processing orders. I placed my order for Til Death Do Us Part on September 3rd and as of today, the 7th, it is still in warehouse. I could understand if YC offered free shipping, but having to pay $5.99 for such slow processing AND delivery times is, as YC would say, a "bonch" of you know what, Grrr!
I placed my order for the Til Death Do Us Part piece on the same day you did. Sadly, mine is sitting in the warehouse right next to yours. :confused:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
While scrolling through Ebay I came across a seller who has the Yankee Candle Halloween Friends Tree Tealight holder........selling it for $75.99 plus $16.99 shipping. What a markup!!! (n)

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'm having the same problem with Michaels. Ordered on the 3rd. No tracking number yet.

ScareyCarrie, it does seem like a lot, I know, but If the shipping on the tree, due to the box size, is $30, and the Ebay fees are $15, I think the seller is barely breaking even. This is part of the reason I choose not sell on Ebay. It's better to sell through forums like this or locally.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm having the same problem with Michaels. Ordered on the 3rd. No tracking number yet.

ScareyCarrie, it does seem like a lot, I know, but If the shipping on the tree, due to the box size, is $30, and the Ebay fees are $15, I think the seller is barely breaking even. This is part of the reason I choose not sell on Ebay. It's better to sell through forums like this or locally.
I forgot about the fees that Ebay charges, and the box is probably pretty big. Guess that is a fair price. Hope that Yankee restocks the tree, otherwise, we will be buying it from Ebay, Amazon, etc.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I forgot about the fees that Ebay charges, and the box is probably pretty big. Guess that is a fair price. Hope that Yankee restocks the tree, otherwise, we will be buying it from Ebay, Amazon, etc.
Me too ScareyCarrie! I'm okay with not getting the tree, but it's really cute. Hoping, hoping for a restock. I also forgot about the Ebay fees when we discussed this previously.

·
Registered
162 Posts
LOL!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think the Boney Bonch Tent is so darned cool. A Boney Bunch Tent would be even better! Seriously though, it is definitely a favorite of mine and so versatile. Use it as a candle holder, candy dish, vase, pen and pencil holder, put oddities such as eyeballs or bones inside, fill it with spiders, so many possibilities. I would call them and get a replacement though. For the price there shouldn’t be misprints in the lettering.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hey everyone, has anyone received their shipments from Yankee lately? I placed an order on September 4, and it hasn't even been shipped. They used to be more on the ball. It makes me nervous, I had re-ordered Til Death, I hope they don't cancel my order. Meanwhile I've received two emails advertising free shipping, well I paid for shipping and it hasn't been shipped! I was wondering if any of you has received a shipment from last week?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey everyone, has anyone received their shipments from Yankee lately? I placed an order on September 4, and it hasn't even been shipped. They used to be more on the ball. It makes me nervous, I had re-ordered Til Death, I hope they don't cancel my order. Meanwhile I've received two emails advertising free shipping, well I paid for shipping and it hasn't been shipped! I was wondering if any of you has received a shipment from last week?
I placed an order on the 31st that is still sitting in their warehouse. I feel the same you do!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi DarkSecret! Well, I placed my order for Til Death on September 3rd and STILL it sits in the warehouse according to YC's order tracking. As I said before, I guess I wouldn't be as annoyed if it were free shipping, but paying $5.99 for shipping and processing that is SO SLOW is ridiculous. I too am now concerned that maybe the issue is that the item is now out of stock- there were 47 in stock at the time I ordered. I don't know what will happen if they cancel my order, will I lose my $5 reward voucher I used along with the 40% off coupon? SO aggravating, I almost wish I paid the extra $$'s to get quicker shipping, but who knows if that would've helped?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I placed an order on the 31st that is still sitting in their warehouse. I feel the same you do!
WOW!! That is really unacceptable!! How could they possibly be SO behind in processing their orders? Do they only have one person working their warehouse and shipping who only works 1 day out of 5 with 2 days off for the weekend? LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
I placed an order on August 26 and it just arrived today. It’s unbelievable how long it takes for Yankee to ship things out. And to make matters worse, I had waited until Witches Brew went online to place my order and all 4 of my jars arrived in a melted mess. The wax is all up in the lid. So disappointing. I wonder how this happened when my tea lights and votives are fine. It looks like the box sat on its side in a very hot place for a good long time. Ugh!

401 - 420 of 632 Posts