Halloween Forum banner

381 - 400 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I watched the countdown last night until the "out of stock" on till death and didn't pull the trigger even with the 40% off. A little sad about it now but have no idea where I would have put it.

When is a good time to decorate for Halloween? I'm ready for my very new, small Boney collection to make their appearance. I started decorating for fall the day after Labor Day but curious when is a good time to add the Halloween decor to the fall?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I watched the countdown last night until the "out of stock" on till death and didn't pull the trigger even with the 40% off. A little sad about it now but have no idea where I would have put it. When is a good time to decorate for Halloween? I'm ready for my very new, small Boney collection to make their appearance. I started decorating for fall the day after Labor Day but curious when is a good time to add the Halloween decor to the fall?
You know, I think it may be different for everyone. Like you I put my fall decorations out the day after Labor Day. And since I'm so nutty about Halloween, like everyone else here, I am seriously thinking of leaving some of my favorite pieces out all year. This year, after looking and hunting for two seasons in a row, I finally snagged a tall headless horseman statue from Ross. I just love it! He might stay out all year! My grown son saw him and asked if I would leave it to him in my will, haha! So I guess my answer would be when the mood hits you. I usually bring it all out around the end of September. But as I said up to you.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Til Death Do Us Part is huge. It's a centerpiece. Not sure if I'll ever decorate with it. With the exception of the 2008 piece, I've never decorated with the bride and groom. Perhaps I'll bring them out at some point. Years ago, I had an opportunity to sell them all, but declined. I just like them. I think you saved money for something you'll like even better. :)

I decorate on October 1st at work, then fall after Halloween. I'm bringing out some fall items at home right now. Mostly fall themed towels. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I didn’t get the second half of my original boney order that was supposed to arrive today. Very disappointed, darn Fed-Ex Sure Post. Maybe tomorrow. I was looking at my Twins boney and the pupil in one of the eyes did not get painted, it’s just white. I think I will touch it up with a dot of black paint.

The second order that I placed last Friday hasn’t even shipped yet. Like a little kid I keep checking the status of the order. 🎃

I watched the countdown last night until the "out of stock" on till death and didn't pull the trigger even with the 40% off. A little sad about it now but have no idea where I would have put it.

When is a good time to decorate for Halloween? I'm ready for my very new, small Boney collection to make their appearance. I started decorating for fall the day after Labor Day but curious when is a good time to add the Halloween decor to the fall?
I usually start decorating for Halloween on the first day of autumn and like Granma Lise, I decorate for fall after Halloween is over. I don’t have room for general fall and Halloween at the same time, LOL! Of course, new items that have been recently purchased usually go up as they are unboxed. I don’t see any sense in storing them for a short period of time plus I want to enjoy them right away and as long as possible before the season ends.

I used to leave some select pieces out all year but they gradually lost their specialness that way. So now Halloween, for the most part 😉, gets put away starting November 2nd and fall goes up. I do have a year round haunted bar so there’s that. 🎃🎃🎃

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
DarkSecret - I placed an order with Yankee on 8/31/19 and another on 9/3/19 and when I check the status it says that they are both "In Warehouse". Also, waiting for an order from the 26th which was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago........says it is pending delivery. Whatever that means. Yankee needs to step up their order and shipping process.

·
Registered
475 Posts
DarkSecret - I placed an order with Yankee on 8/31/19 and another on 9/3/19 and when I check the status it says that they are both "In Warehouse". Also, waiting for an order from the 26th which was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago........says it is pending delivery. Whatever that means. Yankee needs to step up their order and shipping process.
I am on hold with Yankee Candle as we speak. I think they need to reconsider using FEDEX, I have had nothing but problems with FEDEX in my area. I did reorder Til Death on Wednesday, it is also sitting in the warehouse. I spoke with FEDEX this morning and they said give it another week. Yankee Candle is processing a refund for me. Makes me sad, I'd rather have the two items. Hope you have better luck ScareyCarrie.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wycked Spiryt - would love to see pics of your haunted bar!
I will try to take pictures this weekend and get them posted.

Wycked Spiryt, I hope you have better luck with FedEx than I have, never got my original order from Aug 24th.
FedEx really sucks! I’m hoping we both get our boneys soon. I placed another order on the 28th and it’s not supposed to get here until the 27th. This is just ridiculous.

·
Registered
162 Posts

I finally got my order from August 24th! Everything was good, Til Death is so big! I knew you guys were saying it was big but did not realize it!
My only complaint is that I guess the collection this year is the “Boney Bonch”. Don’t know if it’s worth calling and trying to get a replacement and sending this back. Also, the styrofoam and box basically FELL apart when I took all the pieces out. Lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
View attachment 718861
I finally got my order from August 24th! Everything was good, Til Death is so big! I knew you guys were saying it was big but did not realize it!
My only complaint is that I guess the collection this year is the “Boney Bonch”. Don’t know if it’s worth calling and trying to get a replacement and sending this back. Also, the styrofoam and box basically FELL apart when I took all the pieces out. Lol
Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm sorry but I laughed when I saw it, how can they mess something like that up? Not sure what I'd do, but I am the type that wants something made right, honestly I'd send a copy of this photo and ask for a replacement!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
View attachment 718861
Yeah, I laughed too!!! The paint on it looks like a 5 year old did it. Sorry, it's just so sad and so funny at the same time. I would also want it to be right so I would send a picture and ask for a replacement like DarkSecret said.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
View attachment 718861
I'd definately consider returning it. What you have doesn't match the picture in the catalog. In addition to the misspelling, the spider's legs aren't connected to the spider's body.

Great pic. It really shows the problems!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
My Youngerbaby tea light order came in yesterday. They come in a high quality box carboard box with a picture of the tea lights on the lid. Perfect for storage (and retrieval)!

The tea light is white, which threw me a bit. Thought I'd ordered the wrong ones. Turned the tea light on which greatly warmed its overall color. Relieved. The "flame" is clear and is nicely shaped. The LED is amber and has a bit of a flicker to it.

When turned off, they are white, when turned on, they're more of an ivory color. Looks great in Til Death Do We Part.

Yankee Candle must have gotten a lot of orders with the sale. I'm still waiting for a tracking number from them. Ordered after work on the first of the two day 40% off sale. Late last night they emailed and told me I could still add items to my shipment if I "act fast". I'm done unless they get more of the Halloween Friends tree.

ScareyCarrie, eight days is a long time. Hope you get your shipment soon.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
grandma lise - Can you tell me the item number for the Youngerbaby tealights that you ordered? I would like to order some, but I see there are a few variations on Amazon.

Sound like your order is keeping mine company at the Yankee warehouse. :oops: I agree, 8 days is a long time. I am taking into account the Labor Day Holiday.......but, still.

·
Registered
60 Posts
grandma lise - Can you tell me the item number for the Youngerbaby tealights that you ordered? I would like to order some, but I see there are a few variations on Amazon.

Sound like your order is keeping mine company at the Yankee warehouse. :oops: I agree, 8 days is a long time. I am taking into account the Labor Day Holiday.......but, still.
I received mine today but I can’t find an item number anywhere, not even on Amazon, so I’ll just describe as best I can.

Youngerbaby set of 12 amber yellow flickering flameless candles with timer LED tea light. (Yes, that is the title, lol).

Timer is 6 hours on and 18 hours off and 12.99

Mine came the same way as Grandma Lise’s did and they are wonderful.

I hope this helps.

381 - 400 of 632 Posts