Halloween Forum banner

361 - 380 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
They took a report, so far I have heard nothing.
Something similar happened to me once (only it was USPS), and in my case the tracking showed "delivered" but it was no where on my porch, etc. I must've looked like a crazy lady even looking under shrubs and bushes. Anyway, after calling the Post Office they had a photo of a wrought iron bench on a porch it was left on. I immediately recognized that bench as one belonging to my neighbor two houses up. I rang his bell and told him he evidently received my package in error, and although he did give it back to me I couldn't believe he had kept it in the first place. If not for telling him of the Post Office photo I wonder if he would've even given it back? I sure hope you DO get your package, and it's in a FedEx warehouse, not a neighbor- ugh!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thank you BatiBat!! I too ordered a set of the led dripping wax candles! They are going to look SO nice with our Boneys! Speaking of Boneys, I swore all I would get this year was Freak Show, but with the 40% coupon and my $5 reward voucher, I couldn't resist buying the Til Death couple. As Grandma Lise said, they are so sweet and kissing is a first for a Boney couple. I just hope my order doesn't get canceled, as it is low stock with 47 now available. Fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Something similar happened to me once (only it was USPS), and in my case the tracking showed "delivered" but it was no where on my porch, etc. I must've looked like a crazy lady even looking under shrubs and bushes. Anyway, after calling the Post Office they had a photo of a wrought iron bench on a porch it was left on. I immediately recognized that bench as one belonging to my neighbor two houses up. I rang his bell and told him he evidently received my package in error, and although he did give it back to me I couldn't believe he had kept it in the first place. If not for telling him of the Post Office photo I wonder if he would've even given it back? I sure hope you DO get your package, and it's in a FedEx warehouse, not a neighbor- ugh!
I had a package from Yankee delivered by USPS to a neighbor two years ago. It had arrived two days earlier than I expected so I wasn’t watching for it. When I realized what had happened I informed my mail carrier, it was a substitute that had made the delivery, and my mail carrier went and talked to the neighbor. The neighbor told him he had set the package outside his gate and it was gone when he got up the next day. Of course that was a lie but I had to call Yankee for replacements. Everything was still in stock except for the Book of Spells and Yankee replaced everything else free of charge. My neighbor is a horrible person and I knew chances were slim I’d get my stuff returned but I had to try. I guess since Yankee chooses to send things without insurance they will replace lost shipments, but still, it really sucked. Why do people have to be so horrible!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you BatiBat!! I too ordered a set of the led dripping wax candles! They are going to look SO nice with our Boneys! Speaking of Boneys, I swore all I would get this year was Freak Show, but with the 40% coupon and my $5 reward voucher, I couldn't resist buying the Til Death couple. As Grandma Lise said, they are so sweet and kissing is a first for a Boney couple. I just hope my order doesn't get canceled, as it is low stock with 47 now available. Fingers crossed :)
I hope you get it too! I still haven’t received my order so I’m hoping it arrives without breakage at this point. If they sell out we will not likely get another chance to get one.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Batibat, if a neighbor kept my package I would have been so upset. That's just so wrong.

Fortunately, most people are honest and will do the right thing. In the late 80's or 90's, can't remember for sure now, we ordered a computer. It was delivered to a house with a very similar address, except it was on the "west" street, not the "east" street where we live. The people whose porch it was left on found our phone number and called to let us know they had our package. We were so grateful. Fingers and toes crossed that your package finds it's way to you Dark Secret!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thank you RavenLily, I have all kinds of suspicions, but for some reason FEDEX cannot find my house, UPS has no problem, USPS has no problem. But these guys are morons. I don't understand, I got the package they switched off to USPS, the Halloween Friends on the white base was in that box. It had to be the box with Til Death (low stock) and the Halloween Friends tree (out of stock) that is missing. I really don't have much faith that I will receive it. And yes there are "neighbors" who might not make the effort to return it to the carrier, they are probably waiting for the driver to knock on their door. I have received other folk's deliveries and I march over and give it right to them as I know how it feels not to get something you are anticipating. Oh sorry! I have ranted so much. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
grandma lise - You have inspired me to order "Til Death". The more I look at it, the more I love it. Plus, as you stated, this is the first Boney kissing, and an on-line exclusive, and 40% off.....I had to get it. I will probably order the tealights from Amazon too. The picture posted looks great with the tealight. Thanks grandma lise. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I hope everyone got all the Witches Brew they want for this year because it’s sold out now. It sold out early last year and was never restocked so I made sure to stock up this year. It’s not Halloween in my house without it. 🎃🎃
You know, I've never bought witch's brew, but I should try it, everyone raves about it. How would you describe the smell? I think my local store still had some left.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You know, I've never bought witch's brew, but I should try it, everyone raves about it. How would you describe the smell? I think my local store still had some left.
It’s basically patchouli with a bit of sweetness. It’s hard to describe but it’s been a YC staple for years now because so many of us love it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
DarkSecret - I agree with Batibat on the scent of Witches Brew......patchouli with a bit of sweetness. Perfect description. I wish I knew how long it's been with Yankee. Thinking back, I can remember buying it and it was called "Purr-chouli". I'm sure it has had a few different names during its duration.

Does anyone out there know how long Witches Brew has been a Yankee candle?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
DarkSecret - It is currently sold out on Yankee's website. Hopefully you can pick up a jar or 2 at your local Yankee store. Give it a try.

361 - 380 of 632 Posts