Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
Are you going to put a bass drum in front of him? With a band logo of some Halloween kind? :D

Love this, going to look spectacular when you get the band all together.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
Funny you asked. There was a complete drum set at the thrift store in rough condition for cheap that would have been perfect but a massive storage problem for me : (
Could you cut the back side (where the drummer sits) off and use it for storage when not being a prop?

OH! Or you could just get a large piece of stiff cardboard, tape it into a shallow tube shape to create the outside drum round, skin it with the hairdryer shrinkwrap stuff they use to weatherproof windows, or even a plastic dollar store tablecloth (duct taped on)? Could easily cut it apart after and it just needs to look vaguely like a bass drum... :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
large piece of stiff cardboard ............ it just needs to look vaguely like a bass drum...
That sounds like a good idea!

I'm getting push back from friends, "that's not scary." as we have always kept a count of kids crying, dropped candy, and running away as a measure of success.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
That sounds like a good idea!

I'm getting push back from friends, "that's not scary." as we have always kept a count of kids crying, dropped candy, and running away as a measure of success.
I have a mixture of both which I like, keeps people guessing as to what might happen. If every prop is a "scare", it's too predictable and everyone expects it. 🎃

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,420 Posts
I'd like to see hinm do the drum solo from In A Gadda Di Vida...............Gret job Russel. Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you going to put a bass drum in front of him?
It's slow time at work (down to 16 hour days) so I was able to assemble Frankie's Girl's Drum. I had Ram Board card board (great stuff but impossible to re-roll like it came from the factory) and plywood on hand and fortified it for strength with foam (Gorilla Glue and water).

Since it was Frankie's Girl's idea I think she should decide what goes on it! Some kind of tribute to J-Man would be fitting? What do you think Frankie's Girl?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
It's slow time at work (down to 16 hour days) so I was able to assemble Frankie's Girl's Drum. I had Ram Board card board (great stuff but impossible to re-roll like it came from the factory) and plywood on hand and fortified it for strength with foam (Gorilla Glue and water).

Since it was Frankie's Girl's idea I think she should decide what goes on it! Some kind of tribute to J-Man would be fitting? What do you think Frankie's Girl?

View attachment 723074

View attachment 723075
View attachment 723077

Oh man that looks amazing! Can use it for storage too if you don't want to break it down (like a GIANT hatbox!) so cool and your drummer is going to look sweet in there!

I am so flattered you'd give me any credit or want more suggestions! I'd put a big skelly head graphic on there (J-man's avatar is one of his servo heads, right?) and the band name in a circular arch above/below... so what are you going to call them? :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pre-paint. The wife said it had to be kid appropriate. Checked the net AFTER and there is a band by that name but luckily looks to be non-offensive. Already broke my self imposed rule "all new stuff to be completed by September" so there will be no cymbals or cow bell. Hum - 2 paper plates and some chrome spray paint. I need to check with my Dad to see if bfjou812 might be a brother. We seem to think alike.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts