Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since I already have a pvc maniqen from spider hill.
I want to use it for atmosfearsfx 3d form mode.
I need to bulk it out.

I hate working with chicken wire.

I was considering using a styrofoam head and something like this to add the body form.

https://www.storesupply.com/pc-14145-1259-mans-torso-forms-white-70219.aspx

didnt think I needed a full form since the bottom portion I thought would just drape naturally.

what are your thoughts?
anyone see any problems with this plan or better ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
that body form is hollow on the back. i still think it will be hard to bulk up.

im also looking for a cheap and easy way to bulk up prop figures. im curious as to what other people use.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,891 Posts
Maybe you can use a couple of pillows to bulk up the back, use packing tape to keep in place, anyway it will be draped over

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
black light queen
2,630 Posts
icemanfred, ordered a few of the forms from the company you linked 2 ... looked interesting, thanks!

not sure why though ... impulse buy ... i'm certain i'll come up with some use for them sometime in the future

amk

·
Registered
173 Posts
I use to use some of those mannequin torsos, but they were a pain to deal with. I use pillows for torsos and pool noodles for arms and legs.

·
Registered
628 Posts
When I use Spider Hill kits I drill 2 holes at the shoulders and 2 at the hips and use heavy wire bent to a kind of chest stomach contour and cover with tie wrapped window screen. Same for the butt if the back will show. Primitive but light and fairly sturdy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts