Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I hope everyone had a great Halloween. I managed to get all my Halloween projects finished and ready with a little time to spare before trick or treating. Then it was all down hill from there. (Luckily, I took this video early - though a few bits are still lost to the darkness). The rain came about an hour into trick or treating. And didn't finish until about 10. So we had far fewer people than last year. I guess that's good because the rain caused an electrical short (my extension cord use would give any electrician heart palpitations) that knocked out a third of the yard including the pathway string lights. Fortunately, we still had the everyday outdoor lights but it was still very dark. Happily nobody fell or got hurt! But even with so much of the display not working, we got a lot of compliments. And only ONE "I can't wait to see what you guys do for Christmas!" The wind picked up too and knocked a lot around. Branches fell. And our laboratory blew over. I'm not sure if we can salvage it for next year. At 10, I tore the entire yard and house display down and put it in the back or the garage so it looks as if nothing was ever here. The Magic of Halloween!

image.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done a different version of the car scene each of the four years I've lived here and it usually gets a good reaction. And it's SO easy to do! I've never had a battery problem - but especially now since the car is all electric! Usually I save pumpkin guts to add to the scene, but I've decided to stop buying real pumpkins and only use plastic going forward. Well, maybe I'll buy ONE next year. The guts really do make the scene.

image.jpg

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
I really enjoyed looking at your haunt krnlmustrd. What a fantastic job! It's such a shame the weather put on a damper on your night but we'll enjoy it here. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: krnlmustrd

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would have actually paid good money to go through your walkthrough. That was absolutely fantastic. Fantastic. I'll bet everyone who was able to go through before the weather turned so bad was just thrilled. I hope you'll be able to salvage your laboratory.

Thanks so much for posting the video. I know I'm going to be watching it again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
So sorry about the rain, we had snow on Halloween over here ugh. Yucky holiday for a lot of folks ? nevertheless the display looks amazing!!!! ? great work?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Completely fantastic walkthrough! Your worst day is so much better than my greatest day!!! I'm sure you were disappointed about the weather but dude . . . I'm drooling!!! Wow ohhhh wow . . .

GiggleingGhost

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Very nice. It would fun to walk through there for trick or treat.

·
Registered
399 Posts
amazing looking yard. Loved everything. Thanks for uploading. Watching these videos and looking through everyone's photos. gives me my Halloween fix as I unfortunately had to take another year off from doing my display. But after some of the ToTs parents this year said Oh we loved your house when we came a few years ago. It made me smile and warm inside. So it's all stations go for us in the UK next year. Once Halloween enters your body it takes over and never leaves you lol?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts