Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my boarded up windows. I covered all the windows in the front and sides except for the back right and the back of the house. It was a pain in the butt to cover the top floor. I had to borrow my neighbor's extension ladder. I made the window covers using advice from this forum. I had a friend who's old shed was falling down and I prided off the old wood siding and used them as the boards. I nailed them to pieces of wood I cut and it really worked out because the wood siding was really light.They are like picture frames hung with wire. I screwed wire to the frames then wrapped the wire around screws I screwed in-between the siding in the corners of the windows. I put screws at the top left and right of the window. I should have put some at the bottom because we had 55 mile an hour winds right before halloween and two of the frames fell down and one completely flipped around! I had to re-attack them (ahhhggghh!!!) I'm thinking if I put some screws at the bottom of the window the wind won't pick them up in the air and they will stay in place.

I had the windows boarded up before I started any other decorations and people were asking if the house had been in a fire or it was a meth house that blew up. It was the talk of the town for a bit until the other decorations started showing up. I put red flood lights in the upstairs bedrooms I think it looked great. Let me know what you think.

I painted the frames white later on an you couldn't see them at all.

you can see in this picture they are white.

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,751 Posts
Good job! I love the effect of boarded windows. They add SO much to the "Creep factor" of the house!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I am really liking the boarded up window effect I have been seeing on this site. The addition of the lighting behind them looks great.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow, those are a lot of windows to board up. Nice work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts