Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a BoC and was wondering what people use to connect a DMX cable to it. From the looks of the board (picture - haven't received it yet), there are two white connectors on the left. Sounds like I just need to buy a DMX cable and cut it in half and attach each half to each connector so I can daisy chain to other DMX devices. Anyone know exactly what connector I could use on the cut ends of the DMX cable to easily attach it to the board?

Here is the image:

Thanks,
Jared

·
Registered
237 Posts
Jared

I too have the BOC board, and yes I found Jeery attitude about connectors and costs quite wierd. The board is awesome though. Here is the best deal for both the dmx and the leds i found on ebay;

4 Pin .100" Polarized Connector w 30 cm leads (5 pieces - eBay (item 200327462591 end time Nov-28-09 15:20:45 PST)

3 Pin .100" Polarized Connector w 30 cm leads (5 piec - eBay (item 200274889501 end time Dec-07-09 09:46:49 PST)

This seller has all that kinda stuff at reasonable shipping from HK

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jared

I too have the BOC board, and yes I found Jeery attitude about connectors and costs quite wierd. The board is awesome though. Here is the best deal for both the dmx and the leds i found on ebay;

4 Pin .100" Polarized Connector w 30 cm leads (5 pieces - eBay (item 200327462591 end time Nov-28-09 15:20:45 PST)

3 Pin .100" Polarized Connector w 30 cm leads (5 piec - eBay (item 200274889501 end time Dec-07-09 09:46:49 PST)

Excellent - thanks very much!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jared

IB - so I received a few connectors with leads. Anyone know the pinouts from the board to the dmx cable?

·
Registered
237 Posts
IB - so I received a few connectors with leads. Anyone know the pinouts from the board to the dmx cable?
Jerry is a little skimp with his instructions on both hookup and his config software. Leaves a whole lot to figure out. Yet he provides no warranty on his boards as " you might hook it up wrong" thats pretty funny to me!

I'll check my skull and get you the pinouts of the dmx wires, but i gotta dig it out.

IB

·
Registered
237 Posts
Here's a link for configuring your board, if it didn't have instructions.

http://www.skulltronix.com/images/BOC_Docs.pdf
Yeah I got those but they explain little as to what the settings actually do and I spent many frustrating hours trying to figure the settings out and what they all meant. I managed to get it working but not sure its optimal.

I can say it was really frustrating.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you need any more help, just PM me your number and I will do the best I can. I had to set up four of these this year so I have a little experience with them.
When I am in BOC configurator everything is testing fine however when I go to VSA is where I have issues. What are your settings? I am only running one BOC nothing complicated. When I received an E-mail from Jerry I was advised that my BOC was configured for A=9, B=11, C=13, etc. then I was reminded to make sure to go one DMX channel lower in VSA. Then for the leds it was channel 41=strobe/on/off/intensity, 42=red, 43=green, 44=blue no mention if I also had to go one DMX channel lower in VSA. There was no mention of a channel for power do you have a channel for power? If so what channel is it on and what are the settings? Thanks in advance for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts