Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using those reusable blue ice blocks, the type that are meant for coolers/lunch bags/picnic baskets, etc. inside of your fog chiller?

I tried using a zip lock bag that was full of ice inside of my fogger's ice tray and it seemed to work without the messy dripping (it drips a bit, but not as much as loose ice) but it made me think that I might be able to use something else that can be frozen over and over.

For those of you who might want to make your own:

DIY Reuseable gel type ice packs

Method #1

2 cups water
1/3 cup vodka (80 proof)
Food coloring (any color you like)
Ziploc Freezer Bag

Pour liquids into ziploc freezer bag, add food coloring (you’ll know at a glance that it’s your ice pack and not something to consume) and freeze. Makes a nice gel type icepack.

Method #2

1 cup rubbing alcohol
2 cups water
Ziploc Freezer Bag (1 quart size)

Pour liquids into freezer bag, remove air and seal bag. Place bag seal side down into another ziploc freezer bag, remove air and seal that bag. Place in freezer and use (and reuse) when needed (nice and slushy!).

Method #3

Liquid Dish Detergent
Ziploc Freezer Bag

Squirt liquid dish detergent in a ziploc bag until the bag is about 3/4 full, seal and then freeze.

Tips:

When taking ice packs from freezer to use, wrap in towel first before applying to body. If ice packs freeze too hard and aren’t slushy, simply allow the ice to melt in bag then add more alcohol.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
If using method #1 you shoud proceed to method #2, There are a lot better uses for vodka. Isn't blue ice what falls from the sky out of the airplanes lavatory system???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts