Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
know recently purchased a blow mold skeleton off Amazon (because I have no patience, and stores around here were taking forever to start getting out the Halloween stuff). Advertised as being 5' , when it arrived, I quickly realized that it was nowhere near that, unless you counted the string tied to it's skull.
This is actually the first time I've ever purchased one of these, are they usually smaller than 5'? Being a newbie at all this, I had previously assumed that all these blow mold skeletons were made by the same factory in China, however I recently stopped into Spirit (it opened about a week after I got my order) and they had one with a much nicer skull than mine. (same price as mine)
Also, it had two right feet, but for $20, I don't really expect anatomical accuracy.

Fortunately, all I really needed were the arms and legs for a dummy I'm building. The arms were disproportionately long, and worked perfectly. The legs were a bit short, but I cut the bones in half and lengthened them with a bit of PVC pipe.
so it wasn't a waste of money.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have 9 Bluckies and they are all a little short of 5'. This is actually the first time I have measured them. Also they look like I have 3 different "styles" (3 different factories in China) Again never really noticed until I saw this thread. I also assumed that they all came from the same factory in China. Hmmmm.
-Z

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Yea, the bluckies have always been small. The ones I used to buy from Big Lots are all that way.

The sellers probably hype them as "life-size", but skeletons are dead so that promise doesn't count! :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
The one nice thing I like about the bluckies is they fit the kid's armor and helmets found at the "dollar store" type places. I am building a couple of sentries for next year to keep the cars off my property Halloween night, and I am using the bluckies and the kid armor.
HM

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the Bluckies and kid armor idea Hallomarine!

It did occur to me that "life-size" is a pretty tricky descriptor. After all, Verne Troyer (2'8") is life-size and so is Paul Wight (7'0"). I figure the vast majority of people who buy these just want a big, cheap skeleton to hang, I can still see where they'd be pretty effective, especially from a distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts