Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I'm hoping to find some good ones this year, too. I've never bought any before, but now that I have my parents' old Christmas blow molds, I figure there's no harm in picking up a couple (dozen) Halloween ones for good measure. :D

I even started a blow mold "gallery" on Pinterest today, seeing what's out there in vintage, to compare to the ones that will be available this year. I haven't gotten very far with it yet, keep getting interrupted by mom duties. ;)

http://pinterest.com/amie_shive/blow-mold-gallery/

·
Registered
625 Posts
Your best bet is to check out your local hardware stores. Home Depot has some online, Menards carries some, certain Ace Hardwares have them, and Kmart has some. Out of these places, Kmart is the only one that only sells 2 kinds (Usually, every year it's a ghost holding a pumpkin who looks like he's in the wind, and a pumpkin)- All the other ones sell more types. This year, I've seen Menards carry the witch, a Halloween dark flamingo, and the ghost holding a pumpkin looking like he's in the wind. Of course, Menards wasn't all set up, so they might have 2 more coming in. One year they brought back Count Dracula.

Again, though check out your Hardware Stores as that would be your best bet wherever you live.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I understand the mom duties............
No Menards near me so I will check hardware stores, Thanks again.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
Around here the only places I see new blow molds is Kmart & then it's usually just the larger pumpkins.

I've bought a couple from this site but be careful, the shipping can get you.

http://holiday-decorations.americansale.com/search?w=blow molds

Also check out Etsy & Ebay but once again, be careful of the shipping. Sometimes it's more than the item. I got several smaller blow molds on Etsy & they were reasonably priced even with the shipping.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I've bought a blowmold or two before... (wink) They are highly addicting. :D Unforunately, the days of getting a good deal on ebay seem to be a thing of the past. Too many shenanigans going on there, so I almost never buy on ebay any longer.

This fellow is just getting an online decorating business up and running, and I've bought Christmas blowmolds from him. Fast, courteous. The items were wrapped wonderfully, and the shipping was no more expensive than buying from ebay. (Unfortunately, shipping can be extreme on large items no matter what your source is.)

I am excited to announce that he just got some Halloween items in stock, and will be getting more. :D

http://christmaslightscreations.com/product-category/halloween-blow-molds/

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
Oooo...nice site Hilda!! He's got my vampire I want but it's currently out of stock. The thing that kills on blowmolds is the shipping, how is he on shipping?

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
The two blowmolds I got from him were midsize, but the boxes were pretty big. Each was in the $20ish range. I am sure it differs depending on size of box and where it is shipped to. That seemed to be right along what I've been paying to have items shipped from any ebay sellers. Only I know when I buy from Spirit or Grandin Road, their shipping is much less, but I can only guess that is because they have large shipping contracts (you know what I mean). Only THEY don't sell blowmolds. hahaha So we have to bite the bullet on the shipping.

This fellow is getting Grand Venture and a few Union blowmolds in as well. You will have a hard time finding any of them elsewhere.

You know I should have waited to link his site until I placed MY order! LOLOLOL I hope it's not all gone when I get there. :D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
That's about what I'd expect for a large blow mold & to ship from TN to MD. What ticks me off is that General Foam won't sell to the general public. I'd love to know what dealers pay for these things.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Pardon me while I cry. :( Someone on a local FB sale list just sold FIVE Halloween blowmolds, for $5 each. Not to me. The kicker? Her post began "where is the lady who was looking for the Halloween blowmolds? I have some for sale!".

THAT. WAS. ME.

I posted an ISO for them a month ago. *sigh* She sold them within minutes of my seeing her post. I was even on the phone with my boyfriend, attempting to arrange for him to pick up whatever was left, but didn't make it in time.

F

·
0 Posts
I've bought a blowmold or two before... (wink) They are highly addicting. :D Unforunately, the days of getting a good deal on ebay seem to be a thing of the past. Too many shenanigans going on there, so I almost never buy on ebay any longer.

This fellow is just getting an online decorating business up and running, and I've bought Christmas blowmolds from him. Fast, courteous. The items were wrapped wonderfully, and the shipping was no more expensive than buying from ebay. (Unfortunately, shipping can be extreme on large items no matter what your source is.)

I am excited to announce that he just got some Halloween items in stock, and will be getting more. :D

http://christmaslightscreations.com/product-category/halloween-blow-molds/
I have been a seller of Halloween decor/blow molds on ebay for years. Hilda is indeed right ebay has gone goofy these days. If the sellers arent Crazy the buyers are lol. There are people who bid up the auction for the sheer joy of it and then never pay. USPS is dancing on the graves of sellers with rates you cant imagine. If you can send a 32 inch blow mold for cheaper than 20.00 pat yourself on the back because you are a rare breed. Rates have left sellers like myself rolling the dice sending molds in brown paper and bubble wrap to keep the cost down for the buyer. In fact since the USPS rate hike and ebay regulation fee increase I have sold primarily at Holiday Swap Meets or Privately. If there is something particular you are looking for you can always message me. You never know I may have one in stock :) I am a collector first and seller second so once I already have one I typically sell the doubles.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I Rates have left sellers like myself rolling the dice sending molds in brown paper and bubble wrap to keep the cost down for the buyer. .

For the couple blow molds (larger ones) that I have bought off ebay the sellers have contacted me asking if I would mind if this is how they were shipped. Knock on wood though, they have come undamaged.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I agree with everyone, shipping on ebay has gone off the deep end. hard to get something cheap because all of the new collectors scoop it up in a heartbeat. I only buy from ebay if it is something that I really want. I like etsy better because everything is buy it now, I hate bidding on ebay:mad:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts