Halloween Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Pen-pals:

I received a handful of requests asking to see what other drawings I did for these cards since they’re all different, and the process around them.

I wish I could say there was a lot of preplanning, but honestly I just sit down with the piece of paper and see what comes out of my pen. The fun part is never knowing. I’m currently working on my first children’s book that on of the big publishers just contracted me for in December (gulp!) so here’s hoping kids like my style of art and spooky story (eek!)- hopefully out by Fall of 2022. 🎃🤞

Thank you all for your kind messages and wonderful cards. I look forward to the next holiday exchange.

View attachment 744188 View attachment 744189 View attachment 744187 View attachment 744186 View attachment 744185 View attachment 744190
CONGRATULATIONS on your Book! That's very exciting! I will buy it!! With your artwork you could should do editorial for a newspaper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Question for all of you who regularly participate in the greeting card exchanges: What do you do with the cards you have received after the holiday has passed? I'm starting to amass quite a little collection of cards and don't know what to do with them. It pains me to think of tossing all that hard work in the trash. So then they just get stacked up in a pile on my desk. That also seems like a waste to me.

1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
LOL I've been doing these going on 10 years talk about amassed cards. The Halloween ones have gotten attached on strings of ribbon or on poster board and go to my Halloween events cause witches display their holiday cards too. The rest have gotten stored in photo boxes in hopes I figure out a better solution on how to share them. HUMMM Seeing as Earl and his bride... the occupants of our hearse's coffin were suppose to have their first Creepmas this last Halloween... so many Halloween events canceled... I am going to have to dig some Krampus ones to decorate the inside of the hearse with.

Just a reminder next up will be Walpurgisnacht or Beltane, April 30th. Halfway to Halloween.... just the hints of pumpkin spice in the air.... OK pumpkin seeds in the ground. I'll set up a thread in the next week or two so keep your eyes peeled for it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank you Darrellarose for the very pretty glitter heart poem card with a bat! and NY Kate (just arrived today) for the beautiful bloody wings / glitter heart card with the fortune fish and bookmark!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Question for all of you who regularly participate in the greeting card exchanges: What do you do with the cards you have received after the holiday has passed? I'm starting to amass quite a little collection of cards and don't know what to do with them. It pains me to think of tossing all that hard work in the trash. So then they just get stacked up in a pile on my desk. That also seems like a waste to me.
I have all mine saved for that day when I actually sit down and compile them into a scrapbook 😆

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good question. I have done card exchanges for years with friends, and I store them in a few clear plastic shoeboxes, especially if handmade. You’d be surprised how many cards one can hold.

It’s fun to look them over as the years pass, that’s why I always date mine; I often can’t believe how fast the years kaleidoscope by.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I appreciate all the cards! However, if your looking to make room in your home there is a hospital in Tennessee that was founded by late Actor Danny Thomas, for all children with Cancer that go there for free. They take the front of the cards and re-use them.

Reactions: Michael_candles

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's St. Judes Hospital

Reactions: Michael_candles

·
Registered
49 Posts
A cute pink card from darrellarose arrived yesterday... thanks
More envelopes of love arrived...
Thanks Ladyfrog for the Stripy Valentine
Thanks to Hostesswiththemostess for Spooktaclar card
NYKate Thanks for the fun fortune cards and fish, bookmarks and the fluffy card
Brom Bonez gets a Thank you for the fine hand drawn Valentine guy
Lastly Lokai all the way from Trinidad and Tobago a thank you for the cool homemade card... complete with a dead rose... so perfect.

Hey got your Card today Thank you so much-this was nice -i hope I can do this every year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ARE YOU FEELING A CHILLY SENSATION FROM THE TOP OF YOUR CRANIUM TO THE TIP OF YOUR FIBULA? DO YOU SUFFER FROM COLD-HEART SYNDROME SOON AFTER NEW YEAR'S ARRIVAL? HAS COVID GOT ITS FRIGID FINGERS AROUND YOUR THROAT... uh hem, Uh I mean YOUR THOUGHTS CAUSING YOU TO WONDER IF YOU WILL EVER FEEL THE WARM SENSATION OF THE HOT SUN BURNING THE FLESH FROM YOUR FACE?

ARE YOU FEELING A CHILLY SENSATION FROM THE TOP OF YOUR CRANIUM TO THE TIP OF YOUR FIBULA? DO YOU SUFFER FROM COLD-HEART SYNDROME SOON AFTER NEW YEAR'S ARRIVAL? HAS COVID GOT ITS FRIGID FINGERS AROUND YOUR THROAT... uh hem, Uh I mean YOUR THOUGHTS CAUSING YOU TO WONDER IF YOU WILL EVER FEEL THE WARM SENSATION OF THE HOT SUN BURNING THE FLESH FROM YOUR FACE?

Well then -- it MUST BE TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR SOME BLOODY VAMPIRE VALENTINES - 2021! NEW this year adding a shout out to any celebrating LUPERCALIA. (Meaning - Lupercalis "pertaining to Lupercus," whose name derives from lupus "wolf" and per Wikipedia - Lupercalia was an ancient, possibly pre-Roman pastoral annual festival, observed in the city of Rome from the 13th to the 15th of February to avert evil spirits and purify the city, releasing health and fertility. And Who couldn't use a little of that after this past year. )

Take a bite out of your winter doldrums, after holiday blues and Covid lockdowns - share some love - just in time for Valentine's Day!

It's fun - It's easy - a great way to warm up your iced over winter heart and shine a little light into the darkness!

Here is how it works:
Post in this thread if you wish to exchange Valentine greetings with other Halloween Forum members, and indicate if you have a mailing limit for the number of Valentines you wish to send out and where you're willing to mail to... USA, USA & Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. (It can be a letter, greeting card, postcard or note - handmade or store bought. We love them all!) - Then exchange addresses via private message with others who wish to exchange valentines, have fun!

Aiming for a mailing deadline of February 8th to get the Valentines to their intended in time for Valentine's Day ~ it falls on a Sunday this year. Here's wishing the next few weeks of winter will be a little bit warmer thanks to sharing the love with Vampy or Wolfie Valentines!

A Reminder - Many of us love to add a little SWAG in our cards please make sure not only the weight BUT the size of your mailing is within the USPS single stamp limit. The USPS is getting more strict with its limits...

Also - Life happens if something should keep you from sending out your greetings please let those you have said you'll be exchanging with know. Nothing feeds the darkness more than pondering the what ifs...

NOW - let the love bites begin! Buwaa ha haaaa!

Well then -- it MUST BE TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR SOME BLOODY VAMPIRE VALENTINES - 2021! NEW this year adding a shout out to any celebrating LUPERCALIA. (Meaning - Lupercalis "pertaining to Lupercus," whose name derives from lupus "wolf" and per Wikipedia - Lupercalia was an ancient, possibly pre-Roman pastoral annual festival, observed in the city of Rome from the 13th to the 15th of February to avert evil spirits and purify the city, releasing health and fertility. And Who couldn't use a little of that after this past year. )

Take a bite out of your winter doldrums, after holiday blues and Covid lockdowns - share some love - just in time for Valentine's Day!

It's fun - It's easy - a great way to warm up your iced over winter heart and shine a little light into the darkness!

Here is how it works:
Post in this thread if you wish to exchange Valentine greetings with other Halloween Forum members, and indicate if you have a mailing limit for the number of Valentines you wish to send out and where you're willing to mail to... USA, USA & Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. (It can be a letter, greeting card, postcard or note - handmade or store bought. We love them all!) - Then exchange addresses via private message with others who wish to exchange valentines, have fun!

Aiming for a mailing deadline of February 8th to get the Valentines to their intended in time for Valentine's Day ~ it falls on a Sunday this year. Here's wishing the next few weeks of winter will be a little bit warmer thanks to sharing the love with Vampy or Wolfie Valentines!

A Reminder - Many of us love to add a little SWAG in our cards please make sure not only the weight BUT the size of your mailing is within the USPS single stamp limit. The USPS is getting more strict with its limits...

Also - Life happens if something should keep you from sending out your greetings please let those you have said you'll be exchanging with know. Nothing feeds the darkness more than pondering the what ifs...

Here is how it works:

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey All,

I got two cards thus far. It was nice gesture from those who choose to send them all the way to Trinidad. I am thankful you all got my cards as well. The insides are just as artistic as the outside. Everyone made their cards in some way-I think this was the real Halloween and Lupercalia part of it.. I hope I can do this next year-It was fun, and it was an opportunity to send a real card in this cyber space we live in.

Thank you all who sent cards - NY Kate and Carol & Rob (Stinker Bell and Frog) for making me a part of it. I'm looking forward to next year 2022. I may be closer!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi everyone! I have finally made it home and have a bunch of cards-these are all so wonderful! Thank you!! I'm looking forward to the next exchange :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks to everyone. So many creative and unique cards. From wolves and cemeteries;
hearts and vampires; to sculptural boney paper art to fuzzy blood speckled wings :)

I hope your heart day was filled with love and smiles.
7053D3E7-9201-4531-AD5E-B1F8949AB69D.jpeg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Pen-pals:

I received a handful of requests asking to see what other drawings I did for these cards since they’re all different, and the process around them.

I wish I could say there was a lot of preplanning, but honestly I just sit down with the piece of paper and see what comes out of my pen. The fun part is never knowing. I’m currently working on my first children’s book that on of the big publishers just contracted me for in December (gulp!) so here’s hoping kids like my style of art and spooky story (eek!)- hopefully out by Fall of 2022. 🎃🤞

Thank you all for your kind messages and wonderful cards. I look forward to the next holiday exchange.

View attachment 744188 View attachment 744189 View attachment 744187 View attachment 744186 View attachment 744185 View attachment 744190
How exciting! Keep us updated on the book. I will definitely purchase one.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Two post V- day love cards have arrived
RCIAG thank you for the cute spiky monster card.

Thank you Spookybella977 for the darling Little Drac card... I hope you are staying safe and warm in TX. I feel for those having to deal with the winter storm in the south. We had the Hanukkah Eve Wind Storm of 2006. Between the Record flooding that Nov and then the wind just before Christmas, the Seattle area was a mess. We had no power for 8 full days, no landline phones for 15 days and worst of all no cable TV or internet for 20 days. One saving grace is the western side of the state doesn't get the bitter winter cold, we typically stay in the upper 30's, but we still had a number of deaths due to carbon monoxide.
Hi Stinkerbell! last week was rough... it was freezing and we lost power and water for several days. Thank you for your well wishes, it means a lot :)

1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
So glad all our Texas friends are doing better. Again I get the rough road long days of no power or water are... we live on a well so no power no well pump. One gets real creative, thank goodness for rain barrels for the flushing. Plus all that Campfire outdoor leader training came in handy for making hot meals. Honestly 20 days of no cable TV or internet almost had me at my living end.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts