Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking for some tips for creating a bloody room scene using real paint versus the fake blood stuff. Is real paint too thick to use in a spray bottle for a blood splatter look? Any cool techniques to have the look of paint dripping down walls?
Thank you for any tips!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
Okay, first off, hope you plan on repainting and redecorating after, cause none of the paint that would work will come off of walls, floors, furniture and carpet...;) IT WILL STAIN EVERYTHING.

I would get acrylic paints - red mixed with a little blue (VERY little) unless you can find a true blood red color (most artist paints that are "red" tend to be a bit on the pink side, which would look awful).

You can thin down acrylic with water, and clean up is water also. Once it's dry, however, it is there forever. It turns into a plastic polymer and won't wash out.

As far as dripping down walls and such, I'd just get some paint that has been thinned a little with water (get it thin, but not runny - a bit thicker than blood consistency) and put it in a container and use a sponge up at the top of the wall. Squeeze the sponge to start the paint running down the wall. Also try standing near the walls and squeezing and making a stabbing motion towards the wall; you should get some lovely blood arcs that will dribble down.

Obviously do all of this in crummy clothes and gloves. You can get this stuff off, but it will get up under fingernails and you will be stuck with pinky pink hands for quite a while otherwise. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. Yes, we are going to re-paint after our party. I was planning on re-painting my dining room anyway and thought it would be fun to go crazy with the red paint first. :)

I appreciate the tips!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can try an item that is called BLOODSTIX. They are for glue guns, they don't stick or ruin clothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts