Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years ago, Halloween 2007. We did a Bloody Mary scene, it was our opening scene and it did not work out the way we planned. We had mirror with bloody mary written in "blood" on the mirror the tour guide stopped at the mirror and told the group to repeat after him...you all know the drill.
Bloody Mary then came from behind or in front of them, the problem was the path was so narrow no one got scared...fast forward to Halloween 2009
Idea: do the same setup but the scene right after bloody Mary would be Freddy Krueger boiler room. Freddy comes around the corner and says" Boo,
Mary's dead I'm Freddy" maybe have a static prop of mary hanging above Freddy. Whoever plays Freddy has to do a incredible job selling this.
any thoughts???

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I must say one never knows what will be scary. All my actors say, I want to do something scary, well you never know what will work.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Glad to see this post and I would like to ask about your experiences and how you think your first scene might have worked better because I am thinking using almost the same scene this year! It will not be the opening scene but later.

As for your new scene this year I think it sound great. Have them walk through the Bloody Mary site, waiting for the scare, but then "boom" it comes at next site.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a bloody mary room last year,the actress was very very good. We had a 2 way mirror with a dummy mary behind it, than the real Mary had a hiding place away from the mirror, she controlled the lighting. We let her run the scare however she wanted, some groups she would jump out to scare and other groups she would be in front of the mirror, acting crazy and pointing them in the wrong direction to get out (she would lead them into her hideout which was a dead end). Many guests liked her room. As far as Freddy hanging mary. With the right freddy it will work,but like you said he has to sell it good.
To many people think Freddy is cool and not scary. hopefully the remake will change that. DanG.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I think less is more. The over the top actors tend to overkill it and make it more humorous than scary. But different things work for different people... I like your idea for replacing Mary with Freddy.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why didn't the bloody mary scene work so well in "07??
Perhaps the hallway was too narrow, the victims never knew that she was behind them. I asked my actor not to make any noise, maybe we went wrong there. Like I said a scene you think will work just never pans out and you may never know what will work and what will not. The bloody Mary scene may have been too predictable. That is why I want to redo it for those that saw it in 2007 will think ok been there done that. Then Heeere's Freddy!!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
In 2008, I had a two way mirror with a computer monitor behind it. The monitor played a Bloody Mary show similar to the one at Universal Studios. It played for a minute then went dark for a few minutes. Then repeated. It didnt scare anyone. This year, I am planning something very similar to ds6191. I will have a prop behind the two-way mirror. An actor dressed as Mary will be hidden in a secret place opposite the mirror. I like the idea of having her control the lighting. She can turn the light on and off behind the mirror to show the prop. Then jump out and chase the visitors. I want to have her chase them into the next room which will be a human butcher room with a real person. That could cause a big enough scare don't you think. No more mister nice guy in my huanted house.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Wow Bloody Mark always scared me! I remember I had a dream about her when I was younger, still to this day I can never forget that nightmare.

Wish you a lot of luck!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts