Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm finally going to attempt building something on my own, My first real build it almost all myself prop. :) I plan on building a full size Bloody Mary prop, I want her to resemble Bloody Mary of Halloween Horror Nights Orlando. (picture provided below) Can anyone please suggest or explain to me what I can use as a base and to shape the body and possibly what I can use for a head for her? I know it may be simple, but I am SO clueless as to how to make th body realistic looking and how to shape the arms and etc. Maybe a mask that resembles Bloody Mary? Or a prop head? Or some makeup I can apply to a wig head? Thanks, I much appreciate any help at all :).
I have the clothing under control :D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'd love to do something like this! I love that legend, so it would be a great prop. Good luck with it! :D
I cant remember who, but someone here built a great life-size prop with duct tape and things like that. Sorry I can't be a bit more specific, but maybe they'll read this thread and help you out!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i've grown recently really facinated by Bloody Mary and i'm really anxious to get started :) I found some nice dresses I have in mind for her :) Thanks.

Here are the dresses i'm considering, what do you think?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tossing around some ideas

First thing that came to mind on this prop would be to utilize a two way mirror. Frame the mirror like in your second picture, and hang it on a prop wall (that you have behind access to. Place your prop behind the wall / mirror. After that it would only be a matter of finding the right lighting combination where people passing by could look into the mirror and still see the reflection, then triger the lights to flicker in their side (like a power outage about to happen) then light up behind the mirror with the mary prop. I'm pretty sure they would then see the prop on their side.

As for the head and body, many people here utilize chicken wire for armatures. i never worked with the stuff, but i may soon. wig heads would be a good topper, and can be found really cheap online :)

Just some rough ideas that i probably didnt express well enough, but thats where i would start :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much lonerogue. That is an excellent idea. I think I will actually try and do something like that. It might take me all year :) Haha but i'll try and make it work :) Haha thanks again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
glad you liked the idea, I almost edited out that entire post because originaly i misread your questions; thought you asked how you could pull off the prop, not what to do to dress it up and actually construct it lol. Anyways, i remember reading somewhere on the net how to accomplish this effect. ill look to see if i can find it again and let you know :)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
You might be able to modify a syrofoam wig head for the head. I always use PVC pipe to make frames for standing figures. Then I bulk up the PVC with pool noodle material. (Hey, Summer's coming soon!)
Maybe a pair of hands could be found on E-bay, like mannequin hands or something similar.
The dresses you showed look great!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Terra :) I love her work but I am no way capable of making something that beautiful :( Even though I wish I could. I'm going to try to head to goodwill this weekend to search for maybe a mannequin or some different dresses.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I've made people out of pvc for frames, and then bulking them up with chicken wire. Mine have all had a lot of clothes so the only thing i've had to make were the hands and heads. I made the heads from a skull mold and then mache paste and/or clay to make their faces, and then I painted them with plan old paint.

·
Registered
232 Posts
made a few things like this, PVC for the frame and mold the shape with chicken wire. as far as the hands and head go it all depends on the $$$ you want to spend, the hands that i use are from a site called Ghost ride pro. hears a link. they even make full bodies but once again $$$ comes into play. good luck :) Ghost Ride Productions, Inc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You could do a body form by doing a "duct-tape" double of someone. Just use some old sweats, duct tape over them in a couple of layers, cut them off CAREFULLY, assemble them and stuff them.
You can also put in a pvc armature before you stuff it. Vilethings.com has atutorial for a DTD, and Zombietronix has a calculator to use to cut your pvc to size.

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
591 Posts
With the duct tape or any other you won't need much more than the upper body/upper chest shoulder area the dress will hide the rest.and as far as the frame us PVC in a T shape for the torso you won't need legs per say again the dress will hide them.and I would pick dress #3 looks about the right style.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts