Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: For some reason I can't delete this post! I just wanted to say that I found a different "version" of this recipe and it actually calls for grenadine to give the drink a red color.

Someone posted a recipe for a drink called "Bloody Brain" awhile back. It called for strawberry vodka, lime juice, lemonade, and Bailey's Irish Creme.

I'm assuming the recipe makes a red drink which is how it got the "bloody" part of its name. We found strawberry vodka but it's clear not red. Would the curdling effect still happen if we used a splash of grenadine to make it red? Or did I miss a part of the recipe maybe!?

Anyone with experience with this drink: PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I made that years ago so I forgot the exact ingredients I used, but I remember the effect. The baileys kind of curdles into a little ball in the bottom of the shotglass. It looks kind of like a brain. Add just a little grenadine for a splash of thick blood.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The original version of the recipe that I had was an actual drink served in a tumbler. Here's that recipe:

The Bloody Brain:

2 oz. strawberry vodka
1/4 oz. lime juice
1 oz. lime or lemonade
1 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream

In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, lime juice and lemonade and shake well. Strain into an old-fashioned tumbler. With a teaspoon, slowly pour Bailey's into the drink. The Bailey's will curdle, creating the "brain" (disgusting, I know). Keep adding spoonfuls of Bailey's until your brain is complete.

The recipe I found yesterday that called for grenadine is for a shot. I actually wanted this for shots so this recipe works better for me. Here it is:

Ingredients:

1 1/4 oz. strawberry vodka such as Stoli
1/8 oz. Rose's lime juice
3/4 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
splash of grenadine

Instructions:

1. Chill vodka for better smoothness.
2. Add vodka and lime juice to a shaker, shake and strain into a shot glass.
3. Using a straw, dip some Bailey's Irish Cream into the shot. Once you submerge the straw into the Bailey's put your finger on top of the straw to hold the Bailey's in the straw. Dip the straw tip into the vodka and slowly release your top finger. The Bailey's will curdle a little bit due to the lime juice and you should be able to make strands of Bailey's.
4. Repeat the straw/Bailey's process to build a "brain" in the shot glass.
5. Add a splash of grenadine to the concoction to add the 'blood' to the mix. Down the hatch as a shot.

http://img.fineliving.com/FINE/2007/08/14/fl_10hallow_cocktail_bloodybrain_e.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts