Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I'd like to have a task at our party this year where people have to reach into a bowl of blood or something (vampire themed) and feel around for an item and pull it out.
But I don't want to get drips of the stuff everywhere, or then have people walking around and touching stuff with messy hands.
So.. what are my options?
I was thinking maybe red slime, but not sure how well that would work.
Thoughts? crazy ideas?

Typical Ghoul Next Door
If you use actual liquid, it's going to get everywhere. Even with the idea of making slime, you'll likely need hand towels or something nearby to wipe off their hands after.

A few suggestions:

Red gelatin (jello)?

Plain water, but with a red submersible light or two to "color" the water? I can't find a decent link but I bought some in both red and blue for cheap at Michaels or Joann's a while back...

Red confetti?

Large (like oversized mixing bowl) filled with red beads to simulate crystallized blood drops. Either cheapy jewelry beads like this, or the little flat glass ones used in flower arrangements would be kind of cool to dig your hand into and non messy. Would be my fave option anyway. But this one would require a bit of luck finding these in large enough quantities for super cheap, as filling a decent sized container with enough beads/stones to allow for the hiding of a small object could get expensive. I would suggest checking out some dollar stores and thrift stores for crafting items of super cheap jewelry that could be cut up or for cheapy glass vase stones.

And another more abstract idea would be to get lengths of red ribbon/fabric and fill the bowl/container with them and have the object be a specific ribbon with a clue/vampy thing written on one of the ribbons or tied to one, or like a small scroll tucked in among all the fabric/ribbon. Also check thrift stores or dollar stores for cheap ribbon/fabric since it could also be a waste of money to use pricey stuff.

Registered
I was playing with my daughter tonight and her slime. Its blue but if you can find red slime like you mentioned that would be perfect! It feels creepy!

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I like the beads idea, but I also want things to feel creepy, which led me to water beads.

Should be pretty clean, but still wet and squishy.
Having it lit up red would also be nice, though I'm not quite sure how to implement that yet. Depends on what container I use, I think.

I'll also see what red slime I find.. I've still got some time to get this figured out.

thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts