Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I need some lighting advice. I live out here in Palm Springs, Ca. And like most of us because of the drought we've taken out our front lawn and replaced it with "desert landscaping". Which means all rock a few cactus and palm trees. Running across the yard I built a dry creek bed out of small River Rock. I've been building a cemetery and thought it would really rock if I could somehow light the creek bed to make it look like a blood river. Ive thought about just using a few strands if chasing lights...hopefully I can get them in all red lol, I played with some E L wire that I bought at the craft store but they were only 5' lengths so I really couldn't get an idea from that. I had seen on one of the tv Christmas light shows that someone used a layer of steady lights on the bottom and then strands of chasing lights setup a little above the steady ones. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Could you get the fire and ice red spotlights (or just straight red spotlights) and shine them down onto the creek bed? Maybe place them on your big rocks or smaller trees pointing down... The light would only be 2 or three ft off the ground shining downwards..you possibly could cover more ground that way? OR I know it is off subject but maybe Get some flickering flame light strings and turn it into a fire path like the people walk barefoot through?

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
Could you use red cellophane wrap? Michaels and Dollar Stores carry it, it comes in 30" rolls. Then light it with fire and ice lights to get the movement of water???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea. Only problem is that once the sun goes down the wind starts...I'm going to uses that idea for the courtyard though that shou,d work there...Thank You

·
Registered
902 Posts
Okay what about red plastic (cellophane) attached at the sides and run a fan so it blows under the plastic. This will give movement if you keep it fairly tight with just a little give.

·
Registered
902 Posts
or use one of those DJ H2O projectors to simulate water, just set it to red. Just an idea if you wanted to spent the money

1 - 10 of 10 Posts