Halloween Forum banner

Blood Moon Pirates 2020

Prop Showcase: 
864 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  talonrazor 
#1 ·
I thoroughly enjoyed creating pirate items this year. The 12 ft Sea King proved to be a challenge. I had to try to keep it from taking a plunge many times during the wind storms we get here in Colorado. Kids and parents alike enjoyed it. I wanted something bright and fun for this year. We normally have a haunted 3 car garage but everything had to be outside this year because indoor areas were prohibited. I had about two weeks to come up with outdoor items only that could survive 50+ mph winds and snow as we had both before Halloween.

pics to follow

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Nice!! I liked a lot of your ideas. The unconventional use of the beef netting web as a background/divider, the ground breaker in the water (gravel) with the crocs, use of bamboo poles for fencing and cage (pvc painted as bamboo?). Your lighting was very nice too on your props and scenes. Thanks for the photos and video tour. Great use of the towering HD skeleton as king of the depths.

#6 ·
Thank you so much. The beef netting formed the walls of the maze. I wanted it open and bright so parents could see their kids in our front yard. The bamboo was made from pvc, caulk, shellac and black spray paint. I thought about using heat, but this method seemed a lot easier and no fire needed. I wiped down the pvc with acetone to get the stamping ink off it then placed a thin bead of caulk where I wanted the joints of the bamboo to be. I used a round toothpick to create a knuckle in the joint for depth, let the caulk dry outside, spray painted areas black and then used a cheap paintbrush to apply the shellac. Really fun to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.