Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm only fifteen going on sixteen, but I've dabbled in cooking and I made up my first recipe just yesterday! I made them as a surprise for my mom and sister while they were gone and they loved them, so I thought I'd post it here!

Ingredients-
Caramel sauce (preferably homemade, but you can buy a couple of jars of it if you don't want to make it homemade, just remember to warm it up really good if you buy it)
Frosted Flakes cereal
Marshmallows (the little ones, not the big ones)
Cheerios
A stove
A pot (it can be bigger or smaller depending on how much you want to make)
A wooden spoon
A little stick (like the ones you use when making veggie skewers)
A candle
A cookie sheet
Wax paper
A spoon for eating the rest of the mixture when you're done!

Directions-
Put the pot on the stove and the caramel sauce in the pot. Turn it on high if you're going to stay with it, or low if you're going to go do something else while it cooks. When the caramel is soft and smooth, add enough Frosted Flakes so that the caramel sauce coats it, kind of like homemade Rice Krispie treats. Mix it until the Frosted Flakes are coated really good. The put the wax paper on the cookie sheet. You may want to spray it with non-stick stuff because these things are sticky and I made a mistake by not spraying it! Once the cookie sheet is prepared, drop heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto the wax paper. Don't put them so close together that they're touching, but don't put them so far apart that you can only fit a few on the cookie sheet either. Once you have them on the cookie sheet, light the candle and put a little marshmallow on the little stick and roast it. Put two roasted marshmallows on the top of each little blob and press a Cheerio in the center of each marshmallow. Put them in the fridge and spoon out the rest of the mixture (if there is any) and eat it! When they've set enough, take them out of the fridge. Now you have Blob Treats! Hope you enjoy them as much as my mom, dad, and sister did!

You may roast the marshmallow however you want to, you don't necessarily need a candle, I just used a candle because I live in a trailer and it wouldn't be a smart idea to start a fire anywhere near a house that almost falls over when the wind blows

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wow, that would be one sweet treat!! LOL Maybe I can put that down on the "next to try" list. Thanks for the idea!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're welcome! I'm in the process of following in my mother's footsteps and making a different Halloween treat every year!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts