Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the BlissLights? I keep seeing pictures and think they look really interesting, but I just worry that they won't look as good in reality. They retail at over $100 each but you can usually find them under $60.00 (refurbished) at Amazon or Yugster. The fact that you can find them refurbished so readily makes me think there are a lot of returns. If they live up to the pictures, I think they could add an interesting dimension.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have three of them ~ red, blue and green. My blue and green have a metal casing and were more expensive (~ $150). The red has a plastic casing and was cheaper ($90). The advertised coverage of my lights is 50' x 50' at 20' and 30'x30' at 10'.

These are laser lights. The green has the best effect, followed by the blue and the red is the worst.

I used them indoors last Halloween and my ToTers were pretty impressed. I just had them in a make-shift stand and had them pointed at the walls of my small front room. During the rest of the year, I have the green mounted under an overhang out in the backyard.

I really like the effect, but depending on your application, you may need more than one. My green shines toward my back fence at a distance of 40'. My yard is 60' wide. It really lights up the fence and the neighbor's trees (and a small bit of their houses :eek:). It covers about 45' of the width of my yard.

I really, really love the "starry" effect of these lights and so does family and friends. I prefer the green the most. The blue is nice, but not as bright as the green. The red has the worst coverage and effect. The "dots" appear less profuse and I am glad that I purchased the "cheaper" model vs. the more expensive metal light.

As far as the refurbs, I bought mine from QVC and many reviewers had problems with them burning out in a very short period of time. They do have a one year warranty.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I was this close to buying them from QVC a couple of months ago. But reading the lukewarm reviews and complaints of short life, I decided to pass. Glad to see an actual user here on the forum. Since QVC offered them on a "Christmas In July" presentation, I was sorely tempted to try them- and if dissatisfied, return them after a Halloween tryout- taking advantage of QVC's January return policy on "Christmas" items.

Does anybody know if there is another brand out there with a similar effect?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was this close to buying them from QVC a couple of months ago. But reading the lukewarm reviews and complaints of short life, I decided to pass. Glad to see an actual user here on the forum. Since QVC offered them on a "Christmas In July" presentation, I was sorely tempted to try them- and if dissatisfied, return them after a Halloween tryout- taking advantage of QVC's January return policy on "Christmas" items.

Does anybody know if there is another brand out there with a similar effect?
Were the lights offered on special during July the newer motion with remote and stand? Those aren't the models I have and they look "cheaper" compared to mine. The blue/green ones are heavy and sturdy, but no stand and no remote. I use a galvanized flange to mount into the light on our fascia board (don't use the stake).

These are my blue/green ones I bought for $160 each. I purchased them a year ago and the green one goes on every night:
http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=H203173&storeId=10251&TZ=PST&upsh=1&sc=H203173-CSWB&langId=-1&catalogId=10151

This is the cheaper red one I purchased last October for $90:
http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=H203781&storeId=10251&TZ=PST&upsh=1&sc=H203781-CSWB&langId=-1&catalogId=10151

QVC may have another TSV with these before Halloween. You could also do as suggested as return them by January if you're not satisfied. I do love the look of these laser lights.

I saw this on Amazon. It looks like it has a similar effect:
http://www.amazon.com/Sparkle-Magic-Illuminator-Laser-Emerald/dp/B00G0AT9V0

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I don't remember the ones offered in July as having a timer or remote. I think they were about $90 maybe even less. As far as I know- only Christmas show merch has a January return. Otherwise, it's 30 days. Eventually, I'll get them to try, I keep hoping that they'll be like LEDs and the prices will come down.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't remember the ones offered in July as having a timer or remote. I think they were about $90. As far as I know- only Christmas show merch has a January return. Otherwise, it's 30 days. Eventually, I'll get them to try, I keep hoping that they'll be like LEDs and the prices will come down.
Yup, they are pretty pricey.... My significant other doesn't have a clue what I spent on mine. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts