Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so a few weeks ago I bought this hanging goul with flashing eyes. When I tried him out at the store, it had one of those "try me" buttons....you push the button and the lights blink for about 15 seconds. I thought this was just the testing mode. So I get him out today, and flip the switch to "on" thinking that he would blink continuously. Well, he didnt. Now I had another flashing ghoul (skull head only) he had one of those try me buttons this one you detached after purchasing. I did this, turned him on and he works great. So I thought it would be the same with the hanging one. Had DH look at it, and we thought that if the buttonwas still attached, it would "over ride" the on button and only blink for 15 seconds. So, we decided to cut the wire to the try me button. (there was no obvious place to detach it) Turned him to the ON position, and he still on blinked for 15 seconds. DH then decided to strip the two wires that were connected to the button, putting them together, in hopes for it to blink continuously. Now if they were spliced together and attached, we couldnt turn it on and off, but at least it would go no stop. So, my question, do you think this prop was made just to blink for the short time and then stop, or did I just get a defective prop? Also, is there any way to fix this? Part of the problem is that the info tag got ripped of while moving it around, so we most likely threw it away. (on whether we were supposed to take off the try me button)The other strange thing about it is that it blinks when you slide it to the on or off position...strange..
So, any insight in this would be great. A ghoul whos eyes only blink for 15 seconds is ok hanging there, but I wish his eyes would blink. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think you are supposed to remove the "test" button - but are you sure that it doesn't trigger off of a noise when the switch is in the "on" position? It doesn't suprise me that it only runs for 15 seconds but that makes me think that it is either triggered by a sound or by some kind of a light sensor. We have a hanging skull thing and it is triggered by sound - we ended up hanging it the window of an upstairs bedroom with the TV blaring so it would keep moving. Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sometimes the Try Me buttons are wired to the circuit board, but can be removed. I agree with AZDUDE as it may have an Audio/IR sensor built in. Have DH trace wires into the casing of the head. ( May have to remove a few small screws ) and it is most likely attached via slid on connections to the circuit board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts