Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new to the whole servo/controller thing. I'm trying to get my 2-axis eye to blink but the servo rests with the eye closed and pulses open (as opposed to blinking shut). I am using a 'Wizard 6 Controller' from Blue Point Engineering found here

Anyone know of a way to reverse the pulse without having to rebuild the eye or move the servo?

Any help would be great!

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Have you tried talking to the guys at BPE? I found that Robert, one of their design engineers, is a great resource.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I e-mailed BPE but haven't heard back (I'm too impatient lol)

@josh thanks for the link! I'm gonna buy one- looks simple enough and should do the trick!

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you're just looking for a blinking action (2 position servo - closed, open) I would recommend just doing it with a simple 555 timer circuit. I have an example on my site at http://www.brianredmond.net/electronics.php?proj=A 555 timer project. If you wanted to get more creative you could trade the 555 for a microcontroller and set up a random time delay between blinks. I prefer the flexibility of my own controllers over pre-made, pre-programmed ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts