Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as my Green Lantern costume is coming along, I think the key part in his mask is to get the eyes all white! White out, or blind contacts are what I was thinking, but if I wear them to comic-con, ppl say you're literally blind. Is this true? If not, does anyone know if a good place to get a cheap pair??? Thanks!

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,184 Posts
basic white-out/blind eye lenses will make you pretty much blind, but there is a company that sells some lenses that allow for some vision while still blanking out much of your eye.

9mm sfx cataract lenses -
Cataract

and hazed lenses -
Hazed

both may give you the look you want and still allow you to see.

if those don't work for you, and you still want the blanked out eye look, you may want to seek a good friend to go to the con with you to lead you around. ;) :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Or you could apply thin white cloth across the inside eye portion of your mask, ensuring you can see through it.

To give your eye sockets a dark look, airbrush black cosmetic paint, with your eyes closed of course, for a Batman look.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't have blind lenses but I do have zombie lenses (whites out just the iris). It's a one size fits all sort of deal and actually screws with your vision pretty badly. They make everything sort of foggy, which is probably why it's not advisable to operate any machinery. I find after a few hours of wearing it I feel tired and sort of ill and usually get a pretty bad headache. After removing them it takes a fair amount of time for my eyes to adjust. Having this experience I think it's pretty safe to say lenses that are completely white are probably that much more irritating. There are sites that sell lenses adjusted to suit your prescription so I definitely suggest hitting them up, there will more than likely be a hefty price tag too.
Cheers!

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Or you could apply thin white cloth across the inside eye portion of your mask, ensuring you can see through it.

To give your eye sockets a dark look, airbrush black cosmetic paint, with your eyes closed of course, for a Batman look.
This is what Iwas going to suggest. We were actually talking about it work today. HOwever for our costumes we just put black around our eyes so it blends in with the mask. White would look so cool though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts