Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i made a Bleeding Tombstone for a side job and at first it was working fine. I brought it over to the customers house and set it up. A few hours later i get a call saying that the tombstone is bleeding out and almost all of the water is gone. So the next day i go there and try to mess around with it because the land its stting on isn't level so i figured that was why it was bleeding out the first time. I level it out with some pieces of wood and fire it up again. By the time i leave the thing is running fine for almost 10 minutes with no water missing. So i leave and assume i fixed the problem. Later on i get a text saying its bled out again. So i told them to set the tombstone up on level ground and try it again. I figured it worked on level ground by me so it should work there...WRONG. Its still bled out. I checked the reserve box for leaks and i have none. So somehow the water is missing the reserve tank and running out the side. I tried installing a gutter made out of a piece of PVC pipe cut in half with multiple holes drilled in it and it seemed to be working on level ground. So i tried tilting it to resmeble the slope of the customers front lawn. Sure enough it started to leak all over the place. So my question now is what do i do to fix the problem? I was thing about going and actually buying a piece of gutter and installing that to catch all the water so that nothing can run out anywhere except for back into the reserve tank. This is my first bleeding tombstone and its making me crazy so any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just gonna refresh this.

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Some pics would be helpful.

Is there no way to simply stake it level? As it sounds as if it works fine, on a level surface.

Is it leaking from the top, or missing the reservoir at the base?

If the latter, you could try expanding the reservoir to allow for wider coverage. Or, you could make creative etches to give the water a path to follow back into the reservoir. (path of least resistance, after all)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure if you have the same problem(s) I ran into with my bleeding tombstone or not. Mine had two problems trying to contain all the fluid. The first was some times an air bubble would exit the holes in the lettering causing the fluid to spirt out and not run down the face of the tombstone and as a result fail to reenter the lower tank. I solve this by cutting small pieces from a notebook sheet protector and pinning them over the holes. This had the added benifit that made the blood spread out flat on the tombstone rather than stream down the face.

The second problem was that even though the stone was almost perfectly level the blood would run down the face and cling to the underside of the lower half of the tombstone and then drip and miss the lower tank. I solved this by adding a strip of plastic bag to the underside of the stone to form a sort of funnel back into the lower tank.

With these two changes I no longer need to have the tombstone perfectly level to prevent loss of fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts