Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas for a blair witch themed party this year? I will definitely make some stick figures but I'm not sure what else to do. It would really be cool if I could somehow make my living room look like a forest.

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,320 Posts
Well I would think lots of rustic type items. Some grungy torn burlap and cheese cloth on the windows and tables maybe. You could use small tree branches for candle holders scattered about. torn out pages that look like they have finger drawn pentagrams in blood... Something like that?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,100 Posts

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
I will be following this to see what you do. Here is a link to margaret's photo albums. She does a Witches Luncheon every year. This one is for the Enchanted Forest theme and should have things that interest you about making the inside look like a forest. Check our her other albums too. Great pics for witches.
Enchanted Forest Luncheon

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I hung real branches from the ceiling in my garage for a forest feel, the shadows looked really cool. and put real tree branches in cement so I could set them anywhere.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Spirit Halloween I believe has plastic wall murals. I believe there is a creepy forest scene. Otherwise ,there is other sources online for large cling on wall murals.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
This is really interesting...I like it! Atmosphere would be super important to pull this off, but done correctly it could be fabulous. You could do a really creepy colored lighting in the house(maybe a green light?) with the blair witch stick men hanging in various locations. Bringing the outdoors indoors as previously stated and using "forest" sound effects to really pull it together. And it would be awesome if you had a video recorder and could film some creepy forest scenes to leave for party goers to pick up and "find." The static figure in the corner is a MUST, hand prints are a MUST. I like the idea of ripped pages with blood splatters and hand prints. You could set up a grisly tent scene in your front yard or do some creepy pumpkinrot styled "scarecrows". There are tons of tutorials on how to make creepy trees, so I definitely suggest that as well.

Other than that for filler decorations I would stick to all of your witchy stuff...apothecary and potions jars, spellbooks, skulls, led candles, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great stuff everyone. thanks! Has anyone ever used a forest/dirt scented candles or incense? I was thinking this would be a pretty cool idea too.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Great stuff everyone. thanks! Has anyone ever used a forest/dirt scented candles or incense? I was thinking this would be a pretty cool idea too.
u might try dark candles they have a crypt candle that I believe has moss and earth undertones I've seen good reviews on it. I love matching my scents to my theme too, just completely envelopes your guests :)

Oh check out fog scents too, they have them for the machines but I've heard you can get spray too...my theory is once they come inside they acclimate to the scent so if u can at the very least get a blast as they enter it really sells the effect.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
This was such a creepy movie! Despite my love for Halloween, I am a big chicken when it comes to scary movies! LOL!

Anyway, I think another scene that would help to set the vibe is a slightly abandoned camp. You could set up a tent with a sleeping bag inside, make a circle out of rocks with a stack of wood piled into a fire shape - perhaps one of the awesome illuminated coals DIYs here (I made one, it was great!), and a pair of hiking boots untied & loosened up, maybe even a backpack or two around. Just to make people feel that "hey, what happened here?" feel!

Depending on how much mess you want to clean up, scattered leaves on your floors could be a nice touch too.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There have been some great ideas posted so far. We did this as a sub theme many years ago, when the movie first came out. One fun thing we did was to have a video contest for the folks coming to the party. Guests could get together to make a Blair Witch Style video/movie, of 5 minutes or less. It had to be done in the "style" of the Blair Witch Project. We had free movie passes for 4 people as the prize for the winning entry. Entires were due a few days before the party and then we had a viewing of the different entries.

Eric

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
U might also consider looking at True Detectives Season 1 Carcosa (amazing show btw)....I know....but hear me out, though the story line has nothing to do with Blair Witch I really think the creepy natural props can bring a lot to your party and can b easily incorporated to expand the overall effect...
94e3ce729d16d1b0355c5497c5c2b7f6.jpg 3054fba58b24bdd11a6da7abbbbd7b87.jpg

I especially like the addition of the toy for that creepy feel
4939b55f9b1be18aebc2fdc5d8f3d891.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts