Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, well I am looking for where to buy and the best kind of uv/ blacklight spray paint for making a polka dot hallway for my haunt using blacklight, hopefully all the while not breaking my poor wallet..Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
look for neon or fluorescent paints! you can find this stuff almost any place that sells paints ... the brand isn't really critical as even the cheapest do an adequate job ... but get some and experiment ... obviously you'll need a black light ... stay away from the incandescent types and go for the fluorescent variety ... but you probably already knew that

a stencil and spray paint is probably the easiest ...

amk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Krylon makes a pretty nice fluorescent orange paint. Back in college, my roommates would use it to spray paint stolen signs so they would glow in the blacklight

·
Registered
401 Posts
We've been busy painting with fluorescent paint and I can say for sure that the krylon isn't quite as reactive as I'm seeing with brush on paint from Hobby Lobby. I spray painted two large spiders with the krylon paint and for some smaller other spiders I had the kids simply brush on paint on the legs and make patterns on the bodies. The paint from Hobby Lobby is the 6 pack for I think $8 and it really pops with a glow like effect (the wavelength is just right for black light). My spray painted krylon spiders have some glow to them but even when placed directly under my 48" black lights they're just not as bright. I tried both the orange and light green colors.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Check out Staples or Office Depot for Avery flourescent round labels. These are black light reactive, peel & stick labels that come in various diameter circle sizes. They glow very well under black light and are odor free, as opposed to spray paint. We have used these in a dot room, including sticking them to black robes worn by the actors. There are other sheets that you can cut different shapes from too.

Eric

·
Registered
186 Posts
Haven't had to buy it in a few years, but clearneon invisible blacklight paint has gotten ridiculously expensive....sheesh. $20 or more per can

1 - 7 of 7 Posts