Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried those curly lightbulb blacklights before? If so, is the effect anywhere near as good as the regular uv blacklight? Or buyer beware?

Attachments

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
They are true blacklights, and work quite nicely. The wattage isn't as much as the larger tube blacklights, so they work best in a smaller space, but the do work well for their size. I use two in an overhead light in my entry, and block off the rest of the room with a black drape, and the items in the area glow REALLY brightly.

You just need to stay away from the cheapy regular incandescent bulbs - those things are not true blacklights, just get insanely hot and no glow at all.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,261 Posts
They are true blacklights, and work quite nicely. The wattage isn't as much as the larger tube blacklights, so they work best in a smaller space, but the do work well for their size. I use two in an overhead light in my entry, and block off the rest of the room with a black drape, and the items in the area glow REALLY brightly.

You just need to stay away from the cheapy regular incandescent bulbs - those things are not true blacklights, just get insanely hot and no glow at all.
speaking of the tube blacklights--i found a tube fixture with the bulb the other day at walmart for around $10. can't remember the wattage exactly, but generally speaking would you recommend that type? (the bulb was probably 12-18" long, btw.)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
speaking of the tube blacklights--i found a tube fixture with the bulb the other day at walmart for around $10. can't remember the wattage exactly, but generally speaking would you recommend that type? (the bulb was probably 12-18" long, btw.)
That might be the same one I bought at Wal-Mart many years ago. If it is, it works GREAT!

I use it on my FCG.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts