Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this online and thought it was kind of cool. Might leave out the glitter though.....
Hot glue (gun), Dollar Store black birds, foam wreath, black glitter, spray adhesive - remove legs from blackbirds, hot glue onto wreath, spray heads with adhesive, sprinkle with glitter. 10154498_583244905105067_1576794596_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Wow, what a creative idea of things to do with the dollar store ravens. This would be great if you were doing a Poe themed Halloween, especially if you added a strip of tea stained paper that said Nevermore.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I like it! Since you said it feels too black to you, what about buying some small craft jewels to glue onto their eyes? Choose one color for all the eyes since it might get too busy otherwise, but purple, red or lime green jewels would be great little spots of color while still being creepy. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Made one this afternoon! I used some of the black/silver tinsel garland from Dollar Tree to wrap the wreath form (the garland had big silver skulls but I popped them off and just used the base). They're only 9' long so I used three of them. I use this technique when I make ornament wreaths for Christmas, the garland gives the hot glue something to hold onto.

I wrapped a string of battery-operated orange led lights around the wreath so it lights up, then glued nine birds around the wreath. I mixed ultra fine black glitter with Martha Stewart glitter finish (think Mod Podge glitter finish, but less thick) and painted the heads, beaks and wings with the mixture. Considering how janky the birds are, the finished result is quite nice. This is a good, quick project!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts