Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating what to use for my Haunted Garage walls. I have found cheep Black King size flat sheets that I could buy or do I just use the black plastic sheeting roll. I'm worried the plastic will be too shiny. Does any one have any opinions on which is better?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I use sheets in parts of the haunt and they work well. They have held up pretty good. Easy to hide in front of and blend in. For me black plastic is a pain in the bottom. Always falling,making noise, it is shiny even in dim light. And soon someone will chime in about the safety factor of black plastic. I'm happy to say my haunt is 95% black plastic free. Dan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of people use black landscaping fabric (making a large canvas...they streatch it over a wooden frame, staple and paint it) you might get lucky and find it on clearance right now too :)
Thanks, yes, I have used that for other things but its kind of see through. I don't have the time to do the wooden frames either this year so I need to keep it simple.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use sheets in parts of the haunt and they work well. They have held up pretty good. Easy to hide in front of and blend in. For me black plastic is a pain in the bottom. Always falling,making noise, it is shiny even in dim light. And soon someone will chime in about the safety factor of black plastic. I'm happy to say my haunt is 95% black plastic free. Dan
Thanks! Its going to be twice as expensive as the sheeting but Im thinking its worth it and I can probably use it year after year. How did you secure it on the top and bottom?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
well the safety is make sure theres no fire source near by, I've used it to layer off of for my walls which are PVC frames, you use black duct tape and i wired it also on with pieces of electric fence wire making sure theres no points in places to poke anyone, the duct tape will hold it as tight as you can pull the sheet, then i put up scene setter over it...........you can get it as tight as the fabric, if someone falls against it, its as strong as the fabric, i get mine very tight, we just rip it off and throw it away each year, i don't try to save it. we had our maze under a big tent, 25 x 25 and i have escape doors all around it so i could go in and move around if i needed too.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
There is a company in Cal. who will sell you black plastic which is fire rated and comes with a tag of authenticity to satisfy any inspector.
I prefer concrete, steel and brick myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts