Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oooo, I love it ! I have a fascination with plague doctors. Did you make or buy their masks?
1 was a raven mask base, all the others hand made with diff mediums for the base to build on. Some of the pics are in my album.
Thanks! I will probably sell them off too this year. Everyone seems to like the scarecrow mask!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I was wondering what you were up to this year!

The person with the festering face is horrifying!

I especially love the artful and realistic placement of the reclining skeleton at the base side of the wheel barrel.

I see the Pumpkinrot influence. WELL DONE!!!!

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
Holy WOW! That is spectacular and deeply disturbing in all the right ways. I'm also wondering how, as an addict of plague doctors and rats, the idea for this theme has never occurred to me.

Outstanding job!

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
I love everything you did Matrixmom. The plague doctors came out great. And the contrast between the soothing palms and the dark bleak world of the plague is eerie. I have always found those plague masks creepy.

A bit off topic here but I even found the Mad Magazine spy vs spy guys creepy too! Something about long witchy noses maybe LOL. Touch of the bizzare I guess.

Nicely edited video BTW.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love everything you did Matrixmom. The plague doctors came out great. And the contrast between the soothing palms and the dark bleak world of the plague is eerie.
Thanks for for the kind words with palms! Those are always a thorn in my side when it come to halloween. I like your view/take on it. Never thought of it that way. :)

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Thanks for for the kind words with palms! Those are always a thorn in my side when it come to halloween. I like your view/take on it. Never thought of it that way. :)
We landscaped our front yard as Mediterranean and back, tropical. We used cold hard palms where we are but yeah, understand your comment, and they do frame the yard theme at Halloween time. Great for pirates theme especially or jungle or Egyptian mummy, particularly with yards with Canary/date palms.

Always found diseases that have epidemic possibilities and those that disfigure are scary to think about. One of the saddest and most memorable diseases I remember reading about as a kid that stuck in my mind was Leprosy in James A. Michener's "Hawaii". Hansen's disease was such a terrible personal disease (And lepers were banished to Molokai for over 100 years) and I was always struck by the thought of disfigurement and death happening in Paradise. Last night we caught two old X-Files episodes on Chiller, "Nisei & 731", which involved a Hansen research lab so your Black Plague doctors fit right in with our TV viewing. Also believe I recently saw some news articles on the black plague so timely topic too. Do you have lots of rats in your display?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts