Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't have a recommendation - but will share when I was looking for options for my outdoor giant spider web (white cord) - I didn't find an LED flood option that was bright enough but still ran cool enough where I was comfortable having staked to the ground that is often covered with leaves that time of year. I tried a few options from Amazon, and ended up returning all of them for either not being bright enough or running too hot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This one looks pretty good, but not for use outside as it isn't weatherproof. Only $20.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I don't have time to look it up right now, but if you search this site and some of my earlier posts you will see a guy on eBay that imports and sells very good black lights. I have never had one fail and they do great outdoors. And obviously never, ever buy an incandescent black light as you are just asking for a fire. Fluorescent is OK, especially for indoors, but buy the stuff this guy sells.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally, 4' fluorescent tubes give the best effects but are hard to hide, protect, store, etc. I have moved to directed led black lights near the props. As far as paint, titanium white and glow in the dark also work great. I even have a glow in the dark skeleton I picked up at HD a few years back. If in doubt, take a small led black light flashlight with you to the store.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally, 4' fluorescent tubes give the best effects but are hard to hide, protect, store, etc. I have moved to directed led black lights near the props. As far as paint, titanium white and glow in the dark also work great. I even have a glow in the dark skeleton I picked up at HD a few years back. If in doubt, take a small led black light flashlight with you to the store.
Light Purple Plant Musician Musical instrument

Purple Plant Christmas decoration Entertainment Gas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts