Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Halloween party and wanted to set aside a room in the house for a black light zombie theme. First, I rent and don't feel comfortable painting on the walls. Is there a fabric that I can hang up which works well with black light paint and is reasonably inexpensive? Any recommendations for the paint itself?

I'm going to try to set up the "Cheap Zombie Horde" found in the the Tutorials but wanted to see if anyone else has done anything similar with a Zombie/biohazard Black light theme.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear Altaylor, I've got just the thing! TIDE laundry detergent! Believe it or not, it glows under blacklight. You can paint all over your walls, and its a snap to clean up, does not leave stains (HA! It LIFTS stains... sorry, I had to!) Most laundry detergent glows, test a few different ones if you have more than one brand at home, or even fabric softener. Or if you prefer, soak some Creepy Cloth in tide, or UV paint, and drap across the walls when dry. No worries about any clean up!

Also, if you want to do a very cool GLOWING drink for your guests, you can make a Zombie Punch by adding Tonic Water to your punch bowl. It glows bright blue under blacklight because of the quinine. I've done this before and people are amazed by the effect!

Also, some ideas I saw at a local Party City store that might help: Boarded up windows with UV-glow paint, called BATTERED BOARDS . These can be done on the cheap and quick with pink foam from homet depot or others big chain hardware store. Or less expensive foam core board, like you would use for your high school presentations. Foam core board might be better, as I've had great luck getting a nice wood grain look using monster mud and a stick. With the pink foam you may need a hot knife to carve in wood grain. Any kind of Stickers or Signs you can make or find would be great all over the walls, things like QUARANTINE ZONE, FALLOUT SHELTER, etc.
Check out any local hobby stores for glow in the dark paint, or eBay. Krylon also makes a glow spray paint you can find at home depot.

Hope this helps! please post pics as you go, I'd love to see this great theme in action! Good Luck!

·
Registered
237 Posts
get some cotton painters drop cloth at the big hardware stores.get the cheap DIY type not the pro stuff (too spendy) then over to the paint dept for florestant paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get some cotton painters drop cloth at the big hardware stores.get the cheap DIY type not the pro stuff (too spendy) then over to the paint dept for florestant paint.
Thanks for the response, I'll head over to the hardware store after work and look at the drop cloths.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts