Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen any good video projector deals yet for Black Friday? Singing pumpkins were such a big hit this Halloween that I'd like to pick up more. My discovery wonder wall performed perfectly for that application.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
I got an email that said I could use the coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY30" at checkout at AtmosfearFX to get 30% off. However, the field where you are supposed to enter the coupon code doesn't allow me to enter any text.

I've got an email in to their support department, but haven't heard back yet.

If someone figures it out, let me know.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got an email that said I could use the coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY30" at checkout at AtmosfearFX to get 30% off. However, the field where you are supposed to enter the coupon code doesn't allow me to enter any text.

I've got an email in to their support department, but haven't heard back yet.

If someone figures it out, let me know.
Thanks Abunai. Wishing you luck.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
I contacted AtmosfearFX support, and they fixed the website.
Between now and Dec. 2, 2013, enter "BLACKFRIDAY30" in the coupon code field at checkout and receive 30% off of your order.
I used the "Zombie Invasion" video in my haunt this year and it was awesome. It was the most commented upon addition to my haunt.
I just ordered "Ghostly Apparitions" and will be using it next year.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
Well, I got my order in on Black Friday.
Got 30% off of the Ghostly Apparitions DVD from AtmosFX, and they shipped it right away. They even gave me a tracking number.
I watched the tracking number daily.
On December 5th, the USPS tracking site said that it had been delivered on December 4th.

Checked my mailbox. Not there.
Checked my front porch. Not there.
Checked my driveway. Not there.

It appears that our local postal carrier delivered it to someone else. We've had several packages and letters mis-delivered in our neighborhood over the past few weeks. Busy season, not the brightest temporary workers.

After attempting to deal with the postal service with not a lot of luck (just have to wait and see if it turns up), I contacted AtmosFX to see if I could buy the same DVD at the Black Friday price.

Nope. Sale's over.

Can't really blame them, I suppose. It's not their fault the USPS lost it, and even though they have a record of my purchase and I'm buying the exact same DVD that I've already bought, they have no way of knowing whether I'm telling the truth or not.

I guess If I want the Ghostly Apparitions DVD, I'll end up having to pay $70 total for it.

It may be time to figure out how to create my own projections.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Do you think it was misdelivered or delivered and stolen? Since you have a tracking number for it, i hope you followed up with your local post office (manager, in person). I would also recommend calling the main Post Office customer service number and filing a complaint there as well (tell them you went to the local post office but since this has happened to you before you wanted someone non-local to know about the delivery problems you have been encountering and maybe help from their end). Unless you paid for Express Mail (the most expensive option) they won't refund you anything for the shipping portion. Wouldn't do it even on Saturday Priority Mail delivery. Have to say that I really hate using USPS to mail any packages. They have horrible tracking online (sometimes you don't get the update online until it's there) and filing a claim is a pain. I have a package right now that tracked to the shippers sort facilities and then it's been days with no updates. They clearly don't know how to really track a package.

Sadly I have had my own issues in the past, and during this summer with a priority mail package they delivered on a Saturday to a neighbor's lock mailbox. We have a similar street number and so knocked on his door and he went to his box and sure enough it was there. Ay chance you have a neighbor on your route with a similar street number?

One year I had a book that was shipped to me turn up more than a month late, and a week after the store issued me a credit, so made more work for both of us to then fix that. They were able to track it to some sorting facility and then it ended up who knows where until it magically got put back into the system and found it's way to me. I was delighted to end up getting it as they didn't have another copy of the book, and the store ended up fulfilling the order. So don't give up. If it did get misdelivered hopefully it ended up with someone who will see it gets redelivered.

I wouldn't pay full price unless you really need it now for a project that can't wait. Sorry for all your troubles.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Abundai BTW if you really need the DVD now, Spirit Halloween has it on their website in stock for 39.99 and today is the last day to get Free shipping on orders over $25 (promo on HF), code: Xmas13. Or there's another promo on the HF for 13% off for Friday the 13th, 1day only, code: 13Friday.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
Any chance you have a neighbor on your route with a similar street number? .
Funny you should ask; one of the packages that was mistakenly left on our porch, that we took to the proper address, was for an address down the road with all of the same numbers, but in a different order (dyslexic postal worker?)

I may head over tomorrow to try to chat with them.

Our local post office, finally, stuck a note in all of the neighbor's mailboxes asking if anyone had received a parcel that was not intended for them. The delivery person does not remember where she delivered the package, but signed off as "delivered". We did file a complaint with the USPS and they essentially told us "sorry, but crap happens".

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
Thanks, Ghost of Spookie.
If I decide that I still want it, I'll see if AtmosFX shows up at TransWorld and has a show price available.
It would be nice, though, to be self sufficient and just create my own projections, and maybe some for people on this forum as well.
My son is a budding graphic artist/CGI artist. Maybe I'll turn him loose on that project.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Remind me never to order directly from AtmosfearFX

Abundai BTW if you really need the DVD now, Spirit Halloween has it on their website in stock for 39.99 and today is the last day to get Free shipping on orders over $25 (promo on HF), code: Xmas13. Or there's another promo on the HF for 13% off for Friday the 13th, 1day only, code: 13Friday.
Abunai, sorry you're having this problem. We have a home in our subdivision with the same house number as ours but different street. Experienced misdeliveries going to the other house and vice-versa, but never with packages. Got frustrated enough that I wrote a polite but firm email to the US Postmaster General: [email protected] with the details--not sure that email address will still work, but you could try. Deliveries improved significantly over the months that followed, as my local post office was then incented by Upper Management (shamed into?) for accuracy.

As far as AtmosfearFX, wow. If I were them, I'd immediately send out another copy free of charge via FedEx as a gesture of good customer service. Yes, they might lose money on that and yes if may not be their fault. But better than potentially losing a customer. And it's a DVD, not some high value item like a flat screen TV.

An eBay vendor did this for me on a cheap cell phone charger--I needed it for a business trip (cat had chewed through my cell charger's cable) and it looked like it wouldn't arrive in time as promised. With no impolite notes or nastygrams from me, just an expression of disappointment / inconvenience, the vendor overnighted me the charger and told me to keep the other one when it arrived. This was a vendor with a 100% positive satisfaction eBay rating who was serious about keeping it that way. They called me directly to make things right.

Making a mental note to myself never to place an order directly with AtmosfearFX presuming that's how they treat customers. To not even allow you to purchase another copy at the sale price really seems beyond the pale. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Hmm my take on AtmosFearFX would be that yes, they did their job on getting the product shipped. A discount on a second one might have been a nice gesture. Had he paid full price for the product they might have made that offer on a replacement. I personally wouldn't be as hard on them and would still buy from them again. They make a nice DVD product with some cool features as how to display things. I hate lost or misdirected packages. Let us know if the DVD ever shows up Abunai.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts