Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get some black fabric fairly cheap? I was planning to cover 3-4 boxes with it and drape creepy cloth over them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
In that regard as well, make sure to check thrift stores for sheets and left over fabric. I've gotten quite a score of black fabric for really cheap.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Have you considered using black landscaping fabric? It's the stuff sold in the garden department used to block weeds. You can get a large roll for around $5.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up some burlap landscape fabric from Lowes yesterday. It was about $10 for a 3 ft x 25 ft roll. It was the cheapest I could find there. I tried Home Depot also but no luck. It actually work really well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I use the heavy duty landscaping fabric, it's thick enough that my wife uses her sewing machine to make outfits for our props

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm hoping to put a set of black curtains around the entrance to my porch this year and the ceiling is so high I know it would take a lot of fabric. Thanks for the recommendation for landscape fabric, that will save me a lot of money.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The only problem is you are giving your money to WalMart...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Piggybacking on the landscape fabric idea, if you can find it at Big Lots right now it's on clearance. The 3' x 40' rolls are originally $6, but they were marked down to SIXTY FIVE CENTS. The only problem is finding it. I had to go to three stores, and believe me when I say the employees will not know what you're talking about when you ask for it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just went to Big Lots and they had no landscape fabric. I'm just going to use what I got. I don't feel like spending another $10 on another roll.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I tried our Big Lots today in California and the price is still $6.
$6 is still a pretty good price for the stuff, but it might be marked down and you don't know it. Both times I've gone the price tag still said $6 but when they rang it up it was 65 cents. The cashier actually had to double check with someone.

·
Registered
89 Posts
$6 is still a pretty good price for the stuff, but it might be marked down and you don't know it. Both times I've gone the price tag still said $6 but when they rang it up it was 65 cents. The cashier actually had to double check with someone.
I had them scan it and it scanned at $6. They had plenty of rolls, so I'll keep watching. Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts