Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
i need those for NEXT halloween 2009 and i am pretty sure we wont have any around here ....will have to do shpping trips to montreal and since i need a few cant pay 400$ per trees either .....and i need some WITHOUT thewhite lights in it (not pre lit)

do you think for halloween purpose use painting the green trees would work ?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i need some WITHOUT thewhite lights in it (not pre lit)

You're right about the lights... I would rather add my own lights also...

Spray painting a green one should work =) You might just be onto something with that idea =)

·
Registered
457 Posts
The WalMart one is shorter. 4 feet I think. I saw one somewhere else that was a little taller, but can't remember where.
I wonder what kind of discount they will have on them after Xmas.

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts

Spray painting the tree black works, but it takes FOREVER! I did it with a small, table top tree and it was a pain in the butt.

I may be doing a Christmas theme next Halloween and was thinking of spray painting a full size tree, but if Walmart still has some of those $50. after Christmas at half off............it would be woth picking it up!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The WalMart one is shorter. 4 feet I think. I saw one somewhere else that was a little taller, but can't remember where.
I wonder what kind of discount they will have on them after Xmas.
That's what I was thinking. They usually have great discounts after Christmas... but with my luck, the black christmas tree thing is going to all of a sudden be "trendy" and everyone's going to want one;)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Someone has mentioned before that white trees actually show off your decorations better than black trees since most halloween decorations are black in color. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Just went to Walmart today and saw this.. it's 5'.

too bad it as pre lit white lights in them , at halloween it would look better with orange or purple :) but thats a good price

if anyone sees some black ones without the lights in them please post it here .

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
i got 2 of the walmart black prelit trees today , they had a model with clear lights wich is the one i got but they had it with red lights too at 49$ ,i have not pluged them to test them yet too tired to do so tonight , but the lights strings in them seems quite easy to take off the tree so cheaper and less work then painting a green one ;)

they are a rare thing to find too

·
Registered
457 Posts
I did a search on black christmas trees and a ton of things came up. One place has them $200 and up! Treetopia - Funky Artificial Trees, White Christmas Trees, Lighted Palm Trees, & Pink Christmas Trees Someone was saying they were wondering if black trees were popular and I found this on about.com.
"Sunday August 5, 2007
Are you ready for a black Christmas tree? Black trees were the hot items last season, stores couldn't keep them in stock. Only time will tell if black trees are a short-lived fad, but even if they are -- you can always use the tree for Halloween!

Since I don't like to spend a lot of money on an item that could wind up being a temporary fad, I was delighted to find these new black trees at Hobby Lobby for a very reasonable price. And since Hobby Lobby always has sales, there is no reason to pay their full price, wait until the store has a 40% off coupon and get the tree for a real bargain. "

So try Hobby Lobby? Didn't say how tall they were though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
too bad it as pre lit white lights in them , at halloween it would look better with orange or purple :) but thats a good price

if anyone sees some black ones without the lights in them please post it here .

I wonder how difficult it would be to pull the white lights off of the tree?? I was thinking, even if they don't come off, you could put your own lights (orange/purple) and just not plug in the white ones =)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts