Halloween Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
JD13, I'm getting a pneumatic lifter from DC Props for mine. I guess I would use a wiper motor with a dimmer switch attached to slow down the motion.

I should have the lifter in a few days.

·
Registered
114 Posts
JD13, I'm getting a pneumatic lifter from DC Props for mine. I guess I would use a wiper motor with a dimmer switch attached to slow down the motion.

I should have the lifter in a few days.
I cant wait to see your finished product! I hope you plan to post another video.

Are there any out of the box (non-pneumatic) solutions that could achieve the same (or similar) effect? I'm attempting to do a bunch of these so it would really save time. Even if its not as cheap as the wiper motor methods...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am a pneumatics guy, but not overly versed in all animatronics. You could give Dean at Montsterguts.com a call he is awesome to deal with and would be able to find the right parts to make it work for you. His prices are more reasonable than anyone else I have dealt with for kits and out of the box type stuff.
If I come across any other ideas I'll let you know.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am a pneumatics guy, but not overly versed in all animatronics. You could give Dean at Montsterguts.com a call he is awesome to deal with and would be able to find the right parts to make it work for you. His prices are more reasonable than anyone else I have dealt with for kits and out of the box type stuff.
If I come across any other ideas I'll let you know.
Thanks for the suggestion! Turns out he has a wiper kit that was perfect for what I needed. I spoke with Dean earlier today and I just placed the order. Great guy!

Hope things are coming along well with your barrel...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Holy cow, that looks amazing! I so wish I lived in an area where we got TOTs! Curses, why do we have to live off the beaten path!?! Oh well. I love the rope lights idea, I may use that if I end up redoing my toxic waste barrels. I had the good fortune of finding three rusted metal drums when moved in, but the great stuff is looking pretty worn now. I think it is time for a makeover, thank you for the creativity!i:D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It should work, but there is only one way to find out. Let me know is you have success.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use steel drums in my haunt. I have cut and drilled them. They are relatively easy. And they can be beaten on with a big hammer or axe if you want to make it look like they were bounce checked off a truck

21 - 30 of 30 Posts