Hi guys! I found a my pet bat "prop" at Big Lots today. But I thought it looked a little junky. I decided to pull it apart and try and redo it. I didn't think to get a before pic, but let's just say it looked cheap and plasticy. First issue I had was the darn try me button. For whatever reason they didn't have a way to just disconnect the darn thing. It either needed to be popped off the electrical chip (technission I'm not lol) or cut and sealed at the end to prevent any shorts. I decided to cut it and seal it. I have a soldering iron, but I've never used it before, so I was afraid that I'd break another wire by accident. I installed the batteries again to make sure I didn't eff it up. Success! It still worked. Then I decided to remove the top (cage) from the base. I didn't really like the plastic bell they had in there. Even though it was clear plastic, it was still *very* visible. So I cut that out. I didn't like the shiny black plastic, so I sprayed it a flat black and plan on aging it a bit to make it work a bit better for my witch's kitchen/shelf. Maybe with a little bit of silver paint wiped on and then off to make it a little more metal looking and then maybe a rusty color too. Here's a pic of what I have going so far. I wanna fiddle with the bat itself. I don't like that one side is shiny and the other is a flat black. I'll update as I figure things out. Lol.
97.3 KB Views: 581