Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some cheap fencing at Big Lots that I thought would look good in places around my cemetery. It's kind of a gothic style and has that greenish, old copper look to it.
Not a bad price of $8.00 for 8 sections.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
I saw that fencing the last time I was there, and was trying to figure out what I could use it for.

If you were doing the old world (sort of New Orleans style) type of graveyard, it would be good for outlining the grave, and if you have a crypt, it would be awesome for the front area (the crypts in NewOrleans always seem to have a little fenced section in the front that remind me of a mini front yard).

What do you plan on using it for?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I held that exact style fence in my hands for what must have been 5 minutes on my last trip to Big Lots, Dave... trying to figure out if I could snip parts of it out to add to my existing fencing.. then finally, reluctantly put it back, figuring it would splinter once cut and turn into a big pain. But I was really trying to figure out somewhere else to use it, LOL... I can't wait to see what you do with it, I really did like it!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
thats a good find Dave , and a good deal , looks real good , i got some black ones at the 1$ store last year and we used it in our cemetery around a cross tombstone , this can also make a great top to a cemetery wood fence or pvc fence , or details on a crypt roof or bottom of a crypt to detail ;)

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not really sure what I'll use it for. I figured I'd pick it up and figure out a use for it later.
That's what I love about this forum--Mr. Grimsley and Witch from Canada, I never would have thought about using it around one grave/tombstone. That's a great idea! Your pics are very inspiring, Mr. G. !! Thanks for posting them. (If you want some of this fencing I'd be glad to buy some more and ship it to you.)
For anybody looking for it, it's in the Garden section. And $8 is the regular price on it, not a sale price.
IndianaHolmes--that's a really nice fence!! I bet the same technique would make a really nice cemetery gate also!!

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Mr Grimsley, I love your cemetery. Looks awesome. I agree that is a great idea to put that around an individual grave site. Looks very authentic.
Indiana, nice job Mariah did on the fencing.

Thanks Dave. Going that way tomorrow (BLs), I might check that out for my yard.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Mine needs help

Mariah,
Do you mind if I steal...er, borrow, your idea? This is a picture of my graveyard fence. I was thinking the other day of making those little pointy thingies to put on top of each post, because it looks boring. But I think the little fence pieces would look so much better, and be easier than making 60 little pointy thingies. Not to mention the hours I will save.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Of course! That's what these forums are all about...the trade of ideas and techniques to improve upon everybody's haunts! :) I'd be honored!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
DaveintheGrave, that's a good deal. I bought some fencing that's similar at the dollar store a few years ago. I use it to surround my "Burnt Guy" and his Skull Torches in the back yard.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi GD Freak! Each pack comes with 8 sections, and the total length is about 16 1/2 feet...so that's just over 2 feet per section or so.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts