Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,128 Posts
Mine is still in full on summer mode but now is the time to check in on the lighting if you need it. They'll be putting the summer solar stuff & all lighting on sale too if it's not on sale already.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,510 Posts
THEY HAVE AN ANIMATED DRAGON SKELETON.

Almost 7 feet long and 2 feet high.

http://www.biglots.com/product/animated-skeleton-dragon/p810346271?N=1660543656&pos=1:8

(and it actually looks pretty cool)

I'm seriously impressed.

Oh, and they also have the same movie projector as Grandin Road (GR's is $39). It isn't listed on the site yet, but you can see it in this photo, so it will be coming. Likely will be $35 but might be less?

In any case the television was pretty impressive too.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, Big Lots! has seriously stepped it up this year. Not only with props but their halloween web site looks great. Last year they had some great things but I'm impressed too with the skeleton dragon this year and the tv is nicely done too. If you go to the Dragon web page linked above and watch the orange colored video of their graveyard creatures they all look really nice. Like the owl. Also check out the orange video on the Scarecrow prop page--Terror Town. There's a few other additional videos buried on item web pages so take the time to click.

For the web page of halloween items they'll be carrying so far: http://www.biglots.com/c/seasonal/halloween/_/N-2915497221

The "Thing" lamp is close to the one Cracker Barrel had a few years ago. I like the skeleton pirahna and his swimming motion, maybe the air bubbles sound. I am considering the Gemmy spiral multi-colored spot light that Grandinroad has (thinking more "carnival lights"-like) but now have the Big Lots's red and yellow comet spiral spot light (for maybe volcano like spewing lighting for my jungle theme) one to decide between.

From checking out Big Lots' room themes it looks like a few more items might be released later?...

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Oh nooooo ! A dragon was the one skelly creature I wanted and when I saw Home Depot was having the T Rex , I thought my bank account had been given a break. Now this....139 bucks ...nooo lol I really like him too. I guess I'm not going to save money after all. Well, usually around Halloween time ( early in the season last year) they have one of the coupon deals where you save depending on how much you spend ( save 10 on 100 ect) I guess I will hope for something like that.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh nooooo ! A dragon was the one skelly creature I wanted and when I saw Home Depot was having the T Rex , I thought my bank account had been given a break. Now this....139 bucks ...nooo lol I really like him too. I guess I'm not going to save money after all. Well, usually around Halloween time ( early in the season last year) they have one of the coupon deals where you save depending on how much you spend ( save 10 on 100 ect) I guess I will hope for something like that.

I'm laughing disembodiedvoice. I know, plans smashed again. The stores so far are coming out with some pretty tempting items have to admit. I wasn't expecting to..or maybe hoping not to....find things at Big Lots this year.

also noticed that my favorite rubber hanging bat, that I bought 2 of a number of years ago from them, is back. Probably a couple dollars more but I know people were looking for this guy last year and couldn't find. He's one of my favorite bat props.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I'm laughing disembodiedvoice. I know, plans smashed again. The stores so far are coming out with some pretty tempting items have to admit. I wasn't expecting to..or maybe hoping not to....find things at Big Lots this year.

also noticed that my favorite rubber hanging bat, that I bought 2 of a number of years ago from them, is back. Probably a couple dollars more but I know people were looking for this guy last year and couldn't find. He's one of my favorite bat props.
I felt confident that I wouldn't buy anything from Big Lots this year lol and now I like the dragon, the tv, the back lit witch wall hanging thingy, the stone face animated door knocker, the animated fish.....whats a girl to do !

door knocker http://www.biglots.com/product/halloween-stone-face-animated-door-knocker/p810350406?N=2915497221&pos=1:26

·
Registered
435 Posts
I never shop at Big Lots so don't know what they do as far as sales and coupons. Can anyone comment? Any coupons or do they usually put halloween items on sale before October?

·
Registered
793 Posts
To answer the question about sales for example last Sunday big lots had 20 percent discount in store and I think online.

So last year the 1st of August for example I got some Halloween lights for 20 percent off during those sales I suggest waiting for that.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,128 Posts
Oooooo that piranha will be perfect for the new pond out front! I'll have to get at least 2-4 of them. I don't even care if they make noise, the noise would work for me for a change!

I have often wondered why pathway lights come in 3s. You get 3 twig trees, 3 skulls, 3 pumpkins, etc. etc. I'm sure there's folks out there that have a pathway that fits just those 3 lights but I'm not one of 'em. I'd love to see them come in sets of 6 or 12 but I guess you don't make money that way.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
That dragon is really cool but I love the television set! Will definitely be buying that along with the projector if they're offering it!

1 - 20 of 262 Posts