Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I finally found my headphones, so I went back to watch Steve's Haunted Yard's video of the Big Lots items again. I'd asked if the bat made noises, because there is music in the video with sound effects, and I couldn't tell if it was the bat or the video. It really sounds like the bat yells and laughs. After watching the video a couple of times with headphones and volume cranked, I really think that it does.

The Target bat's description says that it plays a song. I guess then, they are not the same thing, but I haven't seen either one in person to be sure.
A singing bat? Hee Hee. Wonder if that's an error. Why would a bat sing a song? I'll have to keep checking back on their site for that one.:D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just looked online & those solar bobble heads are MINE!!! I'd order online but Big Lots is close enough I'll just check in store.
Those solar bobble heads are cool. I bought the jack o' lantern one last year - it actually works fine with indoor lights if you don't have him near a window (or at least he worked pretty well in my office with fluorescent lighting).

Does anyone remember the talking door greeters BL was selling last year? They had a jack o' lantern version, a skull and a witch. I couldn't find one that both worked correctly and wasn't dented or beat up, and I'm not sure they're going to be selling them this year. I need something (or several things) to fill this empty wall space on my porch next to the front door, and some sort of oversized sign or door greeter would work great.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
A singing bat? Hee Hee. Wonder if that's an error. Why would a bat sing a song? I'll have to keep checking back on their site for that one.:D
I have no idea, haha. I really hope that I'm wrong about both of them, because a yelling and laughing bat doesn't make much sense either, unless we assume it's a vampire turned bat.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
The bat is $20 and makes somewhat of a squealing? Squeaking? sound. Think of Scooby Doo when the bats fly out. The body movement is nice. I think I'll go back and get it.
I did buy the wolf and the magical painting. Here is a link to a video of the painting:
https://youtu.be/gaAIhyyaPpM

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
That makes it worthwhile! Thank you very much. :D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Went back again today hoping to see full shelves. Maybe less than 1/4 of what I've seen out. Then saw this below. Would like to see the wolf and pulling up the boxes on my phone I don't see it there. The shelf was filled with the animated cats already. Sales clerk was stocking as I was there so I'm thinking maybe I'll go back tomorrow. Two older teens walked by me as I was leaving and I heard one say "Halloween, and we haven't even gone back to school yet" LOL And here I am thinking could you please pick up the pace a little. I can't wait to see everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Went back again today hoping to see full shelves. Maybe less than 1/4 of what I've seen out. Then saw this below. Would like to see the wolf and pulling up the boxes on my phone I don't see it there. The shelf was filled with the animated cats already. Sales clerk was stocking as I was there so I'm thinking maybe I'll go back tomorrow. Two older teens walked by me as I was leaving and I heard one say "Halloween, and we haven't even gone back to school yet" LOL And here I am thinking could you please pick up the pace a little. I can't wait to see everything.
Well, they wouldn't have to get the Halloween stuff out so early if they didn't insist on having Christmas stuff out in September.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yikes! Sorry.....the bat does do a weird laugh. I was thinking of a different prop I saw yesterday. My Frenchie died and I spent the day doing retail therapy. I am sure I looked weird sobbing in the aisle with the little Frenchie skeletons.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I checked out my BL a couple days ago. Nothing yet, except tons of empty shelf space. I'll probably check back this weekend, since the plan-o-gram said set by 7/29. Not that the stores follow those guidelines...grrr, I hate waiting for all the goodies to hit the shelves.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I saw the bat on Steve's Haunted Yard video. As mentioned with his music in the background I assumed it just had a screeching sound. What video are you hearing the music? They also did have the painting on display. It has much more subdued coloring and is less than half the size of Cracker Barrels. Nice if wall space is limited but IMHO I'm happier with the Cracker Barrel one I have.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I LOVE when I'm setting seasonal such as Halloween or Christmas and someone walks by and says.."already". Just because they don't like it don't mean I'm ready.
Even love seeing Christmas early. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Stopped at our Big Lots today. They had 2 aisles of fall stuff, one endcap of Halloween & a partial aisle of Halloween. They are definitely still unpacking. Lots of Halloween decorations were along the back wall at the very top shelf - so it's unboxed, waiting to be put out, but I couldn't reach it. No other bone animals yet.

I could see the wolves way up high but couldn't push their buttons & look closely. I was SUPER TEMPTED by the inflatable dragon because they had 2 boxes on the self, but I'll have to talk to my husband about it because if we bought it, he'd be in charge of putting it on the roof & I don't know if he'll want to do that. I would have liked to get a better look at the projection lights - they had the ghost & bats but I couldn't see any more of them since they were up high.

No live wire things either so I couldn't check them out.

I did buy the $20 animated bat. I took a video for you guys since I know there was a question about what it did. I do like it! Here you go ~

https://youtu.be/NHMetjyI53w

I also bought a blue spotlight from their summer clearance section - originally $20, clearanced for $10. We light blue lights in our cemetery.

DSC04252.jpg

I was hoping to find a garden frog decoration clearanced out, but no luck. LOTS of summer lights on clearance though.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Stopped at our Big Lots today. They had 2 aisles of fall stuff, one endcap of Halloween & a partial aisle of Halloween. They are definitely still unpacking. Lots of Halloween decorations were along the back wall at the very top shelf - so it's unboxed, waiting to be put out, but I couldn't reach it. No other bone animals yet.

I could see the wolves way up high but couldn't push their buttons & look closely. I was SUPER TEMPTED by the inflatable dragon because they had 2 boxes on the self, but I'll have to talk to my husband about it because if we bought it, he'd be in charge of putting it on the roof & I don't know if he'll want to do that. I would have liked to get a better look at the projection lights - they had the ghost & bats but I couldn't see any more of them since they were up high.

No live wire things either so I couldn't check them out.

I did buy the $20 animated bat. I took a video for you guys since I know there was a question about what it did. I do like it! Here you go ~

https://youtu.be/NHMetjyI53w

I also bought a blue spotlight from their summer clearance section - originally $20, clearanced for $10. We light blue lights in our cemetery.

View attachment 283362

I was hoping to find a garden frog decoration clearanced out, but no luck. LOTS of summer lights on clearance though.

Thank you for video! I got my props mixed up sure to being a little dazed due to my doggies death.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have no idea, haha. I really hope that I'm wrong about both of them, because a yelling and laughing bat doesn't make much sense either, unless we assume it's a vampire turned bat.
I really hope it doesn't sing....grrrrrrr I wonder if you could disable the singing and just have it fly around.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That bat is really cool but I could do without the laughter for the sake of having him displayed indoors. Still a great prop that has a sense of realism

·
Registered
151 Posts
On vacation in Sevierville Tn. went to the Big Lots here they have some Halloween out too. Did pick up the werewolf , spooky phone and 2 sets of lights.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
That bat is really cool but I could do without the laughter for the sake of having him displayed indoors. Still a great prop that has a sense of realism
We'll probably use this outdoors (Halloween night only), so I'm kind of thinking that the evil laughter will just be part of the whole outdoor ambience and won't necessarily stand out. If you had a monster, scarecrow or vampire near the bat, it would definitely fit in. I completely agree that it's pretty darn realistic looking! I mean, red eyes aside - my kids keep asking to pet the bat's furry belly! LOL! Since you fluff up the ears & the wings yourself, you really can tweak it a little personally. It does feel like ours has a personality already - we talked about bats & all agreed that "Radar" is a good name. Ha ha ha! Yeah, we're weird like that.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
One Big Lots is set up, the other isn't. In the one set up I got the ghost & pumpkin bobble head solar things. They didn't have the striped lights. It was so hot in the one that was stocked I didn't stick around long but they were in BTS mode with an aisle of fall. I know there's more to come at both but I was really disappointed at the one that wasn't stocked even a little bit.

81 - 100 of 188 Posts