Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
OK so NOT exactly the BL dragon by 35 feet, but isn't this custom made air blown guy to die for?!! I can see him now emerging over my backyard fence into the front yard and all those soon-to-be toasted TOTers screaming in terror LOL. Heck it look like he could sit in my back yard and reach over my 2-story house. Whoever ordered him up had good taste. Probably wouldn't want to know the cost.

http://nextgenerationinflatables.com/portfolio/42-dragon-cold-air-inflatable/

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Went back in my store still empty shelves and this sticky note lol. I tried to take a close up of the store planner of the wires for someone who asked. I'm also trying to figure out what the boney creature is in the upper right next to the phones. It looks like a bulldog but size wise doesn't add up if it's smaller than the phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
That is a live wire box of some kind. Not the Tekky Toys version from last year or two. I wonder what the BL's one does exactly and how much. I have the Tekky High Voltage prop already but will still take a look at this one. I like the hazard tape and warning sign on it. The Tekky one has more loose wires by the looks of it and they shake. There's also an electrical sound and screaming when activated. The panel door opens and this stupid skull is inside (I disabled the door so I didn't have to look at it). If anyone has seen this in their store, please try it out and grab a photo and even a video if you can.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Found a few videos already posted for Big Lots on Youtube.

Here's the witch:

There's also this one that covers quite a bit, only part 1 posted so far.

BTW if you experience interruptions in viewing (and the video is listed as an HD, go in to the HD setting and change to a lower res, should play fine then).

No electrical box yet....

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Found a few videos already posted for Big Lots on Youtube.

Here's the witch:

There's also this one that covers quite a bit, only part 1 posted so far.

BTW if you experience interruptions in viewing (and the video is listed as an HD, go in to the HD setting and change to a lower res, should play fine then).

No electrical box yet....
This witch says the same thing that my Home Depot witch (from two year ago) says (although the Depot witch is slightly better looking). The best part about the Big Lots witch is that they fixed the mouth movement. On the Home Depot witch, when the cat howls, she opens her mouth like she's making the noise herself. It's weird.

I watched his second video and noticed that he said that he thought that HD had carried this same witch last year. They may have, but my witch doesn't really look like this, and she's holding a platter.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We need that howling wolf skeleton. Going to stop in our BL tomorrow to see if there is anything out.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I have a question about the Thunder Strobes, if anyone has one.

Do they cycle through each sound, or do you set one sound to go off every time the light is activated? I have a set of skull stakes that cycle through a bunch of pointless sounds, and I always wished I could just choose one and skip the rest. I don't really need another strobe, but maybe it would be useful...especially if I can choose the same sound for every trigger, without having to reset it myself.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So I checked out the haunted painting last night, and here is what I could see:
It is much smaller than the cracker barrel version. The image is reversed and very blue compared to the black/grey of the cb. The sound track seems to be identical, but I could only get it to go through one half of the sequence. The part where the owl hoots and the lights go on one by one never worked, which made me wonder if they took that part off since there is no owl to light up. The one thing I did like was that the bl version had pumpkins, but I couldnt tell if they lit up.

Verdict: I'm not going to return my cb version, but this is a good alternative if you can't find the cb.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went to our Big Lots yesterday and they had nothing Halloween out yet. An employee told me that they would have it out Wednesday

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Our BL had some stuff out today and several shelves cleared for more. I didn't buy one but I have to say the howling wolf skelly is pretty cool for $40. I did pick up one of the Haunted House light up pictures. The sound track and sequenced lighting is really well done and for $16 you can't beat it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I went to 3 Big Lots today that I passed in my travels ( ie. work) and all had some Halloween out but only one had the wolf I was seeking. So I was able to get him and I also got one of the flying animated bats and some skull path lights that make sounds and light up. Got to use the coupon , that was my goal wanted to find the wolf in time to use that so I'm pretty happy.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,102 Posts
Our BL had some stuff out today and several shelves cleared for more. I didn't buy one but I have to say the howling wolf skelly is pretty cool for $40. I did pick up one of Haunted House light up pictures. The sound track and sequenced lighting is really well done and for $16 you can't beat it.
Thanks for you expert opinion Jman! Will have to go check it out.

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
I picked up the wolf today as well. I'm really excited about him but I will only use him as a static prop.
I also picked up one of the flickering light bulbs to find out and fell in love. They're perfect for our gothic graveyard theme.
Will be buying out the lot of them tomorrow.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you check out Steve's Haunted Yards latest video you can see some of the Big Lots items. I can't wait to get my hands on that animated bat!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
If you check out Steve's Haunted Yards latest video you can see some of the Big Lots items. I can't wait to get my hands on that animated bat!
I love the bat, too. I can't tell, does it make noise? It's awfully noisy at my house at the moment (kids, dog, Harleys going by, etc.)...and it may have just been the music in the video, but it sounded like the bat laughs. :) I'm assuming that it doesn't laugh, but does it screech, maybe? Is there a corny music soundtrack on it that can't be heard over the video music? (I hope not!)

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Out of curiosity does anyone remember how much the bat is? Wondering if this may be the same thing at Target?
http://www.target.com/p/halloween-animated-flying-bat/-/A-50852434
I finally found my headphones, so I went back to watch Steve's Haunted Yard's video of the Big Lots items again. I'd asked if the bat made noises, because there is music in the video with sound effects, and I couldn't tell if it was the bat or the video. It really sounds like the bat yells and laughs. After watching the video a couple of times with headphones and volume cranked, I really think that it does.

The Target bat's description says that it plays a song. I guess then, they are not the same thing, but I haven't seen either one in person to be sure.

61 - 80 of 188 Posts